improving hey cortana

davegore

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
having issues with getting hey cortana to work on my microsoft 925, and it's practically impossible from my lock screen, simple really, with me it's really hit and miss, i have done the learn my voice countless times to try to improve it, but even after doing the refresh I still almost have to talk directly to the phone with a strong loud voice to get cortana to open

my wife only has to whisper hey siri, 100% reliable, so does anyone have any hints and tips to improve or help me along the way, and I am by no means new to windows phone, used them for many years

thanks in advance

Dave

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey Cortana isn't available on the 925.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Hey Cortana has seen less effort put in on mobile than Hey Siri.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Hey Cortana isn't available on the 925.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Hey Cortana has seen less effort put in on mobile than Hey Siri.

Well the same Hey Cortana that's on Mobile is available on millions of PC's and Xbox's. But you're right, it's not supported on the Lumia 925. And, honestly, I've not seen any improvements on the feature since its release, so maybe you're right.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I've used it on my L930 and my L950XL and if anything it's TOO sensitive. If I ever mention the word Cortana in my place a handful of devices respond at once. Almost certainly you have a mic fault with your L950. Probably hardware needing fixing by MS but try a hard reset first. Sorry for bringing the bad news.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey Cortana sucks since the last update on my L950. Nonresponsive at least half the time if not more. A significant back step from previous version.

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a different weird Hey Cortana problem on my 950. If I set it to "recognize anybody" option, then like others it false-triggers all the time. Generally useless.
If I set to "recognize only me" and go into the training stuff, it gets wacky. It'll ask me to repeat a phrase, and the recognition line at the bottom will actually recognize the exact text as I speak it, with 100% accuracy, and then it'll tell me it *didn't* recognize and ask me to repeat. It usually makes it to the 3rd step before barfing, but I've had it all the way up to the 5th step a few times. In every case, it *is* 100% accurately recognizing the exact phrase, but then barfs.
End result: Hey Cortana remains turned off. :-(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss