We are now able to rate Facebook and Messenger in the Windows Mobile Store

snikito

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Even though many of us don't meet the 2GB requirement! Don't know if it's intentional or a bug but let's give them what they deserve.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Even though many of us don't meet the 2GB requirement! Don't know if it's intentional or a bug but let's give them what they deserve.

Because I've been using these apps on a 4gb ram windows tablet, and they seem great if massively bloated (why does FB need a browser, lol), clue me in-

Whats wrong with them specifically? Is the inability to run on lower ram?

snikito

May 20, 2017
Visit site
That they have abandoned them. Messenger for mobile doesn't have calls, video calls, group calls, encrypted chat, reaction to messages and my day feature. Facebook for mobile doesn't have live streaming, reaction to replies and stories.

snikito

May 20, 2017
Visit site
They have the 2GB requirement and most Windows Phones do not have that much RAM. The store would not allow us to rate it because we don't meet the minimum requirements. But now Microsoft allows us to do that with the latest store update.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
They have the 2GB requirement and most Windows Phones do not have that much RAM. The store would not allow us to rate it because we don't meet the minimum requirements. But now Microsoft allows us to do that with the latest store update.
Restriction/hw requirement changed?

Did they lift the restriction?

Edit: Meant that as a question.

Last edited:

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I never use Facebook but my girlfriend complains about both Facebook and Messenger endlessly on her 640. To the point where she'd rather use Edge on my 950 then bother with her 640. Autocorrect doesn't work, the keyboard often doesn't even move everything properly, lag is endless and insufferable, crashes are often, and the app is just incredibly slow.

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
I can't use Facebook on a windows tablet, doesn't function right. When I try to type a response it's at the bottom of the screen which is fine with a keyboard attached, but the touch screen keyboard appears over what I'm typing. Makes it impossible to reply without mistakes.

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by L0n3N1nja
I can't use Facebook on a windows tablet, doesn't function right. When I try to type a response it's at the bottom of the screen which is fine with a keyboard attached, but the touch screen keyboard appears over what I'm typing. Makes it impossible to reply without mistakes.

Same thing happens on my Surface 3, but on my Toshiba Encore 2 it works properly, same thing happens on messenger as well.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
They did not lift the restriction, Microsoft now allows us to rate apps even if we don't meet the minimum requirements!

So globally, Microsoft made this change in the Store. Ok, good to know this. Is this the only app you have noticed it with, or just the first one since you all use it often?

snikito

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I've noticed it for other apps too and games. For example I am now able to rate Halo Wars 2 which I couldn't before for the same reason!

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I rated it a four. Works well on my tablet and phone, just doesn't quite have the same features on my phone, but I don't care. Does everything I need, runs well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon