No Longer an Official Upgrade Path to Windows 10 Mobile

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
As far as I can see this info has not been pass on from WinCentral.

The Upgrade Advisor app, that was used to easily upgrade from the older Windows Phone OS, is no longer available. While it is possible to download the app via the Store, it won’t actually allow the device to be upgraded, instead showing a message that reads:

The Windows 10 upgrade isn’t available for your phone right now. We’re trying to determine if your phone can support Windows 10.

It makes no difference what phone or if has worked for you before.
Only way now is through insiders.

Microsoft ends the Upgrade Advisor app, no official upgrade path from Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows 10 Mobile

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
As far as I can see this info has not been pass on from WinCentral.

The Upgrade Advisor app, that was used to easily upgrade from the older Windows Phone OS, is no longer available. While it is possible to download the app via the Store, it won’t actually allow the device to be upgraded, instead showing a message that reads:

The Windows 10 upgrade isn’t available for your phone right now. We’re trying to determine if your phone can support Windows 10.

It makes no difference what phone or if has worked for you before.
Only way now is through insiders.

Microsoft ends the Upgrade Advisor app, no official upgrade path from Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows 10 Mobile

The article is 2 months old. The Upgrade Advisor was temporarily out of order because they prepared to bring the Creators Update to the Production ring

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Upgrade Advisor is working normally .I used it today to upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile after using the WDRT.My phone was getting a non-responding dark screen 3 to 4 times a day on Creators Update on Insider Release Preview ,though at other times it was working fine.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Now you can use the OTC update tool for supported devices to move to W10M from your computer. Make sure you read the README file for any fine details. It downloads the packages to your PC then uploads them to your phone, your phone kicks off the update automatically, so make sure it is charged first, and you have enough space both on your pc and phone.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...-5a0c-058c-2ee190a24fa6%3DTrue&token=IXvQlA1q

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
For the life of me I can't work out why the OTC Update won't install. I downloaded the file from the link in Nate W's post, and then when I open it I get the following message: "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher." I'm running Windows 10 FCU with .NET 4.x installed. Surely it's not because I'm on an Intel Compute Stick???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes