Internet stopped working 10122

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I installed Windows 10 on my laptop few days ago and today the internet just stopped working. I uninstalled network drivers and reinstalled them but now there is a yellow triangle showing that connections are limited. Both Wi Fi and Ethernet doesn't work. Did anyone have similar problem or knows a workaround other than refreshing?

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
The internet cannot stop working. What has stopped working is access to networks beyond your local area network :winktongue:

What have you done already in terms of analysis? Have you checked your IP settings, including default gateway and specific routes? Have you tried to ping and traceroute targets within and outside of your local network (which, most likely, is a /24 class C network in the 192.168.0.0/16 range)? Have you checked DNS settings and tried querying your nameservers?

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
What made you think i thought about the whole internet? I mean it would really make any logic lol :D I tried checking the ipconfig and there were no adapters but they are present in device manager. I haven't tried pinging but i will when i get home. Trying to diagnose connection returns no error and trying to flush dns says no adapters are present. Thanks in advance! :D

Last edited:

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
At the risk of repeating myself over and over again: Windows 10 Technical Preview is a preview of an unfinished operating system for IT experts and system administrators/integrators, not for the general public who doesn't know their ones from their zeroes. If you have no idea what we're talking about you shouldn't be running Windows 10 TP in the first place. So no, there is no easier way to explain complex network problems and correlations on Layer 1.

megadragon998: have you managed to fix your network stack and convince your network adapters to reappear? I'm pretty sure your problems result from the fact that you have lost your network adapters and thus your network connectivity on Layer 1 (technically it's even Layer 0 since Layer 1 would be the physical cable or wireless carrier signal, and we're not there yet). And no worries about the internet, I was just messing with you. Reminded me of that IT Crowd episode with "the internet!" :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDbyYGrswtg

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i am aware that these builds are unfinished because i've been using betas since very early windows 8 days :). I've fixed the problem by reinstalling windows 10 and moving to 10130 :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3