Build 10158 cannot update?

Laquox

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I've tried twice now to update to build 10158 and each time it throws a blue screen with an error of: Recovery
Your PC needs to be repaired
There isn't enough memory available to create a ramdisk device
Error Code: 0xc0000017

Since the build is brand new obviously there are no threads or solutions to this problem. Anyone know why this particular build would give me this error? I have never had this problem with any previous builds.

shorski

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I did not have any problem updating to this build. You probably need to do some repairs on your pc. Refresh your pc and redo the update. You will lose your apps and settings though.

z30sta100-2os10.3.blackberry

Laquox

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Reset failed now have to start all over again from scratch

That's what I was worried about. I don't want to reset only for it to also fail and I lose everything and have to start over. I know it's a bug because SFC scan returned nothing and this problem didn't happen with other builds on the same PC so I know it's not a ram issue either.

MrMakeEmAkkRight

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Never had an issue before this build. Not sure what to say about it but I hope MS gets it together I kno its not my PC. I'll wait to see how this 'Rebuild' goes before I judge

Laquox

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Make that 2 PCs, completely different specs that cannot update to build 10158 due to this error. About to test 3rd PC and see if the problem happens as well. This bug is very reminiscent of the 8.1 bug that behaved the same way.

Adam Gorecki

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem today: in the time of upgrade to 10158 my computer hang on with the blue screen. I try do do some more or less stupid things :) i.e. turn all options in BIOS to default but without effect.

Finally I found in BIOS in Boot Menu an option "Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device - Attempts to Launch EFI Shell application (Shell64.efi) from one of the available filesystem devices". I'm not sure what that mean exactly :grin: but when I choose it, that WORKS! My computer restart two or three times and then upgrade operation was resumed (from about 75%) and successfully finished.

My motherboard is Asrock H77 Pro 4 MVP. System disc is SSD Crucial 512.

MrMakeEmAkkRight

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Well, got all the way back up to build 10130 worked my way around the failing updates and now it doesn't see the new build in the fast ring. Lost all my data for nothing 😩

Laquox

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
UEFI/EFI is not on either system so this isn't my problem but it does point to what may be causing the problem with the memory allocation.

Laquox

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Well, got all the way back up to build 10130 worked my way around the failing updates and now it doesn't see the new build in the fast ring. Lost all my data for nothing ��

Sorry to hear that. In general a reset is a LAST resort measure that you should only do if all else has failed. Personally, I can wait until the next build or RTM and let them fix this. I already sent a tweet over to Gabe and am hoping I get a response sometime. It's obviously a problem with the build.

MrMakeEmAkkRight

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. In general a reset is a LAST resort measure that you should only do if all else has failed. Personally, I can wait until the next build or RTM and let them fix this. I already sent a tweet over to Gabe and am hoping I get a response sometime. It's obviously a problem with the build.

Yeah, got a little too excited about the new build. It was too late to turn back once I said screw it so looks like I'll be waiting until rtm as well.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I was able to update yesterday, but 10158 corrupted my system so badly not even a reset fixed it. I had to install from an iso to get a working version again. So now I'm back to 10130 and there's no update this time.

MrMakeEmAkkRight

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I was able to update yesterday, but 10158 corrupted my system so badly not even a reset fixed it. I had to install from an iso to get a working version again. So now I'm back to 10130 and there's no update this time.

Same as me. I went through that long and tedious road but now the new build just showed up and installing now. Seems to be installing fine for now

4lpha

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately I have the same issue - but apparently the 10159 build hasn't resolved it. Anyone have any other ideas?

PBlessing

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Was not even able to get to 10159. I did the install from 8.1 yesterday and it updated me to 10130. After that it just said that my pc was up to date.

4lpha

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
No difference. Still getting the blue screen. I burned an ISO and tried boot repair (even though it boots to the old install fine every time except when upgrading), but that did not help. SFC reports no issues. Ran repair on the HD to scan for anything but no problems detected. I am getting very frustrated now. My other systems upgraded fine with no issue - but my main PC won't.

Looking over my logs, it started reporting a December update could not be installed (weird since it's been updated regularly and never had an issue until now). I can't find that update anywhere though. Also, it's having an issue with a Samsung USB driver. Might make sense if it was a hard drive driver (I have a Samsung EVO SSD)....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3