Build 10162. freezes and crashes randomly.

systematicchaos

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Just installed this build on another partition. The OS looks beautiful but it keeps on freezing, randomly. sometimes at the start up or sometimes when the cpu usage increases. The cursor doesn't move, cant even shutdown properly. Is anyone facing a similar issue? I've updated my nvidia driver and everything, the problem is still there. Nothing's wrong here on 8.1.

Jim Hubbard1

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Just installed this build on another partition. The OS looks beautiful but it keeps on freezing, randomly. sometimes at the start up or sometimes when the cpu usage increases. The cursor doesn't move, cant even shutdown properly. Is anyone facing a similar issue? I've updated my nvidia driver and everything, the problem is still there. Nothing's wrong here on 8.1.

Same issue here on ASUS G73. Freezes just after getting to the desktop. Must force restart. Nothing installed but win 10 build 10162.

systematicchaos

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here on ASUS G73. Freezes just after getting to the desktop. Must force restart. Nothing installed but win 10 build 10162.
I searched a lot to resolve this issue but couldn't find any proper fix. It must be something related to the display drivers.
And you should revert/reinstall windows 8.1 because this manual shutdown thing might create bad sectors on your hard drive.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Can always try running i vga safe mode and see if you still have the issue. (Does windows 10 still have this? Haven't checked) your not getting any specific errors in the event viewer?

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes its not a problem with Windows 10, its hardware on your pc that is causing issues. Try downloading new drivers for whatever is causing the issue, if none are available wait till after win 10 public release to see if your pc manufacturer issues updated drivers for windows 10.

systematicchaos

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes its not a problem with Windows 10, its hardware on your pc that is causing issues. Try downloading new drivers for whatever is causing the issue, if none are available wait till after win 10 public release to see if your pc manufacturer issues updated drivers for windows 10.
I've tried everything, uninstalled the NVidia driver, but it still crashes on the vga driver as well.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I also have an NVidia video card and have no issues at all with it on windows 10, make sure you have the latest windows 10 preview drivers from NVidia.

San Clemente Moose

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Seems as though it does well on Intel (T5500 in my case) terrible on AMD (Athlon X2 in my case). Builds up to 10158 were fine on the Athlon (Optiplex 740) but things got really bad with 10162. First update got a non-recoverable "Bad system config info" Not only did none of the repair options work (another very scary sign generally) but the drive had to swept clean before another version could be coaxed to install (a couple of watchdog violation freeze-ups in the process). An earlier reinstall failed because Windows created "defaultuser0" and automatically generated a password but didn't tell me. This can't be all amd related in my view. Major design flaws in terms of account management and system recovery. (Bottom line: there is no system recovery with build 10162). Worst of all Microsoft engineers would not discuss this with me. They are ignoring the problem. Will the final release be any better? It's such a short time away, I can't imagine how. I'll wager in fact that the July 29 date gets pushed back at least a month.

JaypeeB

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. installed 10162, Nvidia driver 353.30, Razer updated as well. when I try to game, it freezes and i have to alt tab everytime! its says on the error report that the nvidia driver crashes. maybe its not compatible with the build. My Razer peripheral (Orbweaver) is not recognized as well. 10158 works fine for me, ill probably roll back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills