The Windows 10 "I'm Installing" Thread

homeedition88

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I've found a way to manuel start. On cmd (admin) type wuauclt.exe /updatenow then check windows update :))

edit: it is actually not a good idea. It empty your $Windows.~BT folder to 140MB and start download files with a very slow pace.

PlainBixit

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
A countdown can be found in Microsoft's websites under Windows 10 "For business" which counts down to 08:00 CEST. So in a little under 7 hours I guess the update will stop to fail.

Chinedu Okwuosah

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Im an windows insider but not getting the update do i have to be on the preview build to get it ? how does the GWX tool know im an insider or not
If you're running the latest preview build (build 10240), you would be getting updates through Windows Update that install when you reboot your PC. If you're not on the preview build, you would need to wait until the general launch (at least from my understanding) because Microsoft locked down access to Insider builds shortly after this build was released. As for the GWX tool, it wouldn't know unless your PC is tied to the Microsoft account you signed up to the Insider Program with.

Chinedu Okwuosah

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I have been running insider preview for quite a while and now my machine says only " Windows 10" and under the activation tab in update and security setting it says that I have Windows 10 Pro activated . Is this possible that I am done?

You should be just getting updates through Windows Update that would install when you reboot. I wouldn't expect anything too noticeable to change, though.

CandrabeQx

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For those who accidentally deleted the $Windows.~BT folder, or trying to open exe(s) inside there, or anything else that screw up the downloaded data.

#1: go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\
#2: search for folder having these files: state and WindowsUpdateBox.exe (mine is in 0ef3a7b4ab9df805ef65cf251975f3c6 folder)
#3: delete (or rename) that folder
#4: go to Windows Update, hit Check for updates

the $Windows.~BT folder should be refreshed by now.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
For those who accidentally deleted the $Windows.~BT folder, or trying to open exe(s) inside there, or anything else that screw up the downloaded data.

#1: go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\
#2: search for folder having these files: state and WindowsUpdateBox.exe (mine is in 0ef3a7b4ab9df805ef65cf251975f3c6 folder)
#3: delete (or rename) that folder
#4: go to Windows Update, hit Check for updates

the $Windows.~BT folder should be refreshed by now.

Didn't work for me. :(

Edit: Worked. I love you man. :D

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting this as well. Reading around Reddit apparently this is a good thing...I'm getting an error 80240020 if I open up the details of the error. Anyone else having this issue? View attachment 109442

Yes, happening to me as well. I think it's because my Microsoft account (also an insider account) is registered in the U.S. even I live in Australia now. Maybe I will have to wait until it gets 12 in the U.S

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
if you have already installed the latest insider build 10240, you already have the RTM build that is upgrading pc's around the world, you will not be getting anything new at this time.

brainimpact

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
[FONT=open_sansregular]I'm in the Uk its almost 2am my [/FONT][FONT=open_sansregular]$Windows.~BT is 5.92gb and when I look at update history it has like 10 failed attempts to update now, onlce you have that folder downloaded ever check for updates will add another failed attempt even though it did not really attempt to update it just checked to see if all files were ready and in place and we've not got them all yet.[/FONT]

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
[FONT=open_sansregular]I'm in the Uk its almost 2am my [/FONT][FONT=open_sansregular]$Windows.~BT is 5.92gb and when I look at update history it has like 10 failed attempts to update now, onlce you have that folder downloaded ever check for updates will add another failed attempt even though it did not really attempt to update it just checked to see if all files were ready and in place and we've not got them all yet.[/FONT]

So basically means, the downloading isn't done yet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786