Final release still no continuum

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My Yoga 2 Pro still doesn't prompt tablet mode when I fold it. The setting is enabled though and I can do it manually, however the whole idea of (PC side) continuum is not working properly.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the simple expedient of tapping "Tablet Mode" in Action Center?

I know it is supposed to be automagical, but this could be a workaround.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the simple expedient of tapping "Tablet Mode" in Action Center?

I know it is supposed to be automagical, but this could be a workaround.

That works, the thing is as you said it should do it automatically. The feature's name is Continuum not "tablet mode" it should work as it's name suggests.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
aaaannnddd Hopefully Microsoft is pushing a patch soon. Check your Updates.

Could be worse, many are having their upgrade stall out.

Great Good Luck on a speedy patch, guys.

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Would imagine it will need some sort of driver update from the manufacturer to do it - I would imagine the device has to create the right flag for Windows to know it is a hardware removal that warrants the conversion (as opposed to say unplugging a usb keyboard).

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Folding the device disables the keyboard and trackpad so the OS is aware of the fold action. Also it has been said that Continuum will work with 2-in-1s so it should work with both detachable and foldable ones.

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Please forgive me if you've already checked this, but are you sure it's set to switch automatically in the settings?
Settings -> System -> Tablet Mode

Hope you don't take it rudely. I had accidentally put it on "Don't ask and Don't Switch" originally. When I double checked, it was on the wrong one. I only ask because the wrong one and right one are phrased similarly.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Please forgive me if you've already checked this, but are you sure it's set to switch automatically in the settings?
Settings -> System -> Tablet Mode

Hope you don't take it rudely. I had accidentally put it on "Don't ask and Don't Switch" originally. When I double checked, it was on the wrong one. I only ask because the wrong one and right one are phrased similarly.
It is on, ask before switching and I'll change it to switch without asking when it works properly, but thanks for your comment.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft had stated in one of the videos where Continuum was discussed that it would require new drivers from manufacturers. The driver has to communicate to the OS that the change has been made. Not sure why, but it's what Microsoft stated.

Check with your hardware manufacturer for updated drivers. I'm still waiting on Lenovo to deliver a new driver for my 2-in-1 laptop, but they do have a number of beta drivers for other models posted already.

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
My surface 2pro i5 has continuum running fine, it's not 100% flawless but it's forgivable (80+%), it is early point of release should get better!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786