Windows 10 People app not showing contact pictures

Gibraltar75

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've upgraded one of my computers from Windows 8.1 to 10 and when opening the People app my contacts do show but no picture is shown. In Windows 8.1 the People app could be connected to several social networks and pull contact info. If I access my MS account on the web, the People page still shows my social network connections, but I know that the Facebook integration has been deprecated.
So, questions:
- Is anyone in Windows 10 seeing contact pictures in the People app?
- Has anyone heard from MS stating that new social connectors (or social apps) are being developed in order to reinstate integration with the People app?

Thank you.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, social connectors will be back. And you will get to have pictures from Facebook again. This is known issue in the new people app. It is not really complete as they are currently working on it. There isn't much you can do from your side except wait. The other option is adding the pictures manually but that would be a waste of time.

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the people app is incomplete right now. I assume (Hope I am not wrong) But Skype messaging and Fb integration, SMS etc should be integrated into the people app which should come in the Threshold wave 2 Upgrade in October.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
All of those apps should be in good working condition by October as they are really important for windows phone that is going to be released by that time. And since they are all universal apps, they will come to the desktop too. Also, note The current rumors is that there will be a big feature update by that time. So, everything lines up.

Pedro Belo

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I got the same problem.
All my contacts on Hotmail from web or on my windows phone show picture.
I have instaled Windows 10 and the contacts list do not show pictures.

Pedro Belo
PORTUGAL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077