Wifi LIMITED connection on windows 10

hanifaj

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I was upgrading from win 7 to 10 from get windows 10 app which is not "preview"?, everything works fine until i see the wifi, can't connect to the internet from home router via wifi only, strangly laptop wifi was works fine with phone tethering and when i connect the router with lan cable. Also other computer & phone that connect home router was connected normally,
I thing some "protocol"? Are new so my router wont accept it? Or might be the driver that need to update...but currently i can't find it yet

sr1030nx

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
You can revert back.
Open up settings, and then go to update and recovery (I think it's called) and you should be able to go back to your previous version of windows.

hanifaj

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I mean the network stack that reverted i know its seems crazy...lets say if i reverse the windows back to windows 7 can i still get windows 10 for free before the deadline at 2016? From get windows 10 app?
Thank you before.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I think it is best to wait for a couple of days cos MS may provide an update to fix it. Seems many have similar issues with their wifi.so chances are MS will bring the update soon.

Jikangire

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
After I updated Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3, I too couldn't connect to the internet. What I ended up doing is wiping my SP3 and installing Windows 10 from scratch using a USB thumb drive. No more WiFi issues, in fact no issues at all now!

Larry Amato

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
There can be many issues with wifi...The only solution I found to be successful is to reset or turn off the router and all connections with it...Wait about 15 seconds or so and connect each one separately.. Sometime you may have to re-enter your passwords and reconnect.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
i had this issue also.... i actually thought it was something wrong with the hotels wifi where i am staying.... it is working now, i have no idea how.

but i noticed that, it somehow works when i start a VPN session... could you try that and see if it does reach internet?

M3AMFM

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I cann't also connect to the internet after few restarts after upgrading to windows 10.I can connect to my router but can't access 192.168....etc.
Everything in the setting looks ok. Diagnostic says "Problem with wireless adapter or access point", "Not Fixed"
I'm using Qualcomm Atheros AR9287 adapter on Fujitsu T731
Heeeeelp

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

cumaSegini

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Mine using Qualcomm Atheros AR5B93 has exaclty same problem and same diagnostic :unhappysweat: . I have upgrade to win 10 yesterday, my other computer (win 7) work fine use same wifi connection, but this computer is limited, when connected to phone tethering is working. Crazy problem.

====>Finally got temporary solution.... Change WIFI name and password on WIFI modem/router, reconnect the computer and all are working fine... Wait until tomorrow to see how the progress done :grin:

Last edited:

Altaf Merchant

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar issue post my upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and here's what worked for me -
1. Go to windows explorer
2. Right click on "This PC"
3. Go to properties
4. Go to Device manager
5. Go to network adapters
6. Double click your Wifi adapter you are using that is having a limited connectivity issue.
7. Select Advanced Tab
8. In the Property list box Go to "Receive Buffers" and increase this to maximum. (In my case this was 512)
9. In the Property list box Go to "Transmit Buffers" and increase this to maximum. (In my case this was 512)
10. Click Ok

This solved my problem of limited connectivity. Hope this does for you too!!!

Yemster1

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I had the same issue with my Surface 3 and BT Internet. I tried so many solutions online, in the end it was easy to fix permanently.

I had to get an Ethernet adapter for my Surface, I connected directly to my modem via the Ethernet cable then went into Network settings/Change Adapter Options/ Right click the adapter/ Properties then highlight the IPv4 connection and go to Properties, there I copied all the Gateway/IP/etc. Settings.

Disconnect from Ethernet and go back to your wireless network. Repeat the above process and when you get to the IPv4 properties, Select (Use the following IP Address) enter the details you just copied, do the some for the DNS server, you don't need a secondary address. Save and you'll be online within 20 seconds :)

Really hope this helps.

kgrahul_2003

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I managed to resolve this issue by going to: Control Panel > Device Manager > Network Adapters > right click on the troublesome wireless adapter and select properties.

Go to the "Advanced" tab and on the "802.11n Bandwidth" option, select "20MHz/40MHz Auto" and on the "Roaming Aggressiveness" option, select "5. Highest". Good luck!

ChrisPUT

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
The interesting thing about the first 5 solutions is they all end with a Restart.
On our Surface Pro 3 tablets, the problem resolves itself when I simply choose Restart.

Hopefully though, one of these will fix the issue without having to restart every time.

I am also thinking I should try updating the wifi card driver.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3