yet could not confirm w10 TP for High End waiting what a big disappointment in WMC 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Cupido 44

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
MWC for MS was a huge disappointment. I mean on other sites all you see is the galaxy s6 and almost nothing about this 640 crap!

My plan was to wait and see what they said about a flagship because I have a 1020 with a cracked screen and cant find a decent WP upgrade. But all we heard from them is it will be ready when W10 is ready! When is that? What happens if they hit a wall and delay W10? And by the looks of it the so called flagship will probably come out next year in my country

Spectrum90

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Maybe part of the reason why Microsoft tends to disappoint and move slow is because there is a talent-gap, similar to the app-gap.
Probably the best executives and engineers prefer to apply for positions at Apple, Google and even Facebook before considering Microsoft, and talent is scarce.

The mythical WP flagship they're promising needs to be really good to have a chance against the iPhone 6 and the S6 Edge. Apple and Samsung weren't wasting their time.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
It can't be far away as they were using a 930 to show off the new features.

Patience, it will come

We saw the Windows 10 for phones TP running on 1520's and 1020's before the first TP was released, so that really means nothing. It's a lot easier to get these early builds on any device they want internally when they have dozens of devices to brick and test.

Jamie Thomas

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
where is w10 TP for the 1520 if it is not ready why showcase it in a video or was it that bad that they had to do it on their best hardware

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
where is w10 TP for the 1520 if it is not ready why showcase it in a video or was it that bad that they had to do it on their best hardware

1. because showcasing stuff is scripted and can be done to avoid rough spots, etc.

2. considering its current state, that could be true. But don't start thinking its exactly how it'll be come launch time.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Maybe part of the reason why Microsoft tends to disappoint and move slow is because there is a talent-gap, similar to the app-gap.
There may well be a talent-gap, but I still don't understand why everyone tells me about an app-gap. I'm sure I read the other day that the top 50 useful apps from the other stores were on WP. And anything else useful is, imo, available at that organisation's mobile web site.
​Having more apps on other platforms doesn't mean they're better. I've said it before, but there's only so many ad-laden farting apps a platform needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes