Next build of windows 10 for phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musaib124

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Any idea when is next build of windows 10 for phones coming or ms is leaving us with this all timr best buggy preview of their os? Are they inly working for windows on oyher devices ? Not a single update till release of software nor any apps they have seperated from windows core like photos etc.. Lots of bugs and complaints registered in feedback but not a single fix yet came..

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It's been 20 odd days since they released the first public beta release. Give them sometime. Plus the software is supposed to be buggy, wasn't the expectation set clearly in the beginning? Have some patience and let Microsoft take their time to develop

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Any idea when is next build of eibdows 10 for phones coming or ms is leaving us with this all timr best buggy preview of their os? Are they inly working for windows on oyher devices ? Not a single update till release of software nor any apps they have seperated from windows core like photos etc.. Loys of bugs and complaints registered in feedback but not a single fix yet came..

Updates will come about ones a month.
And it was made very clear from the beginning that there would be bugs because it is a preview.
So if you can not handle this roll back!!

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If they follow the same kind of pattern as with desktop technical previews (and only MS knows if that will be the case), an update may come in a couple of weeks.
​It's not going to be bug-free. It's a technical preview. With more disclaimers than any H&S watchdog would insist on.
​You're not stuck with it - just use your usual phone. Or if you've decided to put extremely early release preview software on your only handset, roll it back.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I havent asked for suggestions wether i should get back or not.. I have asked if u know the date. Thats all... :)

You did not only ask when, which you could have found in the articles in WC, but you also where whining and that is why you got additional free suggestions.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I havent asked for suggestions wether i should get back or not.. I have asked if u know the date. Thats all... :)

Unless MS is already packaging the next release up for distribution, not even MS could tell you when the next release will be ready. Nobody knows.

We don't want to be rude. It's just obvious that you have incorrect expectations of what the TP is and isn't, and how quickly MS should address bugs. TP updates aren't even about squashing bugs, so there will continue to be many bugs in TP releases for quite some time. The "next" W10M update won't fix that for you, but you harbor the false hope/expectation that it might. That's why people are trying to tell you that the TP is not for you and you'd be better off going back to 8.1.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm expecting it in the next week (or if things go wrong, the following one).
Should be soon.
They said it will sure be in less than 2 months, and will probably be around a month.
Considering they released W10 updates every 20 days for the desktop, it could happen really soon.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Any idea when is next build of windows 10 for phones coming or ms is leaving us with this all timr best buggy preview of their os? Are they inly working for windows on oyher devices ? Not a single update till release of software nor any apps they have seperated from windows core like photos etc.. Lots of bugs and complaints registered in feedback but not a single fix yet came..

Here's some feedback regarding your post:

It's buggy and needs a lot of fixing. It's been like a full day or more since this post was released and we haven't been told when it will be fixed.

Please let us know when you plan to release an updated build of your post so we're not left with this buggy mess. I fear that if I have to wait much longer, I will have to uninstall this thread from my browser.

See what I did there?

Doesn't feel very good when someone points out your flaws and expects you to fix them when you have no current obligation to do so, right?

They will release the next update when it is ready.... Not before.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Sorry to dash your expectations ...
The next preview will probably introduce more bugs, NOT remediate identified bugs. What part of preview release did you NOT understand? This is (most definitely) NOT Preview for Developers, rather a much earlier iteration of the OS. Should it not meet your expectations, perhaps reach out to Gabe Aul or Joe Belfiore - but first read a bit about what you're getting yourself into ...
and NO whining in Technical Preview! SMH!

Last edited:

AMRooke

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I think that many people may have gotten confused by the Developer Preview program for WP, where release-ready updates were provided direct to users (as a means to circumvent carrier delays), instead of the current Technical Preview program, which is an actual beta testing program that was opened up to the entire community of users. Similar names, but completely different processes.

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I think that many people may have gotten confused by the Developer Preview program for WP, where release-ready updates were provided direct to users (as a means to circumvent carrier delays), instead of the current Technical Preview program, which is an actual beta testing program that was opened up to the entire community of users. Similar names, but completely different processes.

Na , I think they do understand some context of it, But It's the restlessness, impatience of the people driving them to complain. There are many factors influencing them, such as how other OS (android) has just been updated (For example people around now continuously bug me by showing off their latest droid 5.0 with its "cool" new animations etc.) So obviously now I would want Microsoft to release the Windows 10 ASAP. Its really high expectations at this stage. In my case I was so bored of 8.1 I had to jump to 10 just to get something new(simply ignoring the buggy experience). Its just that there is a lot ridding on win10 for people(who have been using wp for a long time ).
Similarly the new outlook, calendar and office will come with 10, but seeing the Droid, IOS users showing me how they are more capable(mainly office) then me, it makes me want to have that update right now. But I know it is going to take time still and I am trying to be patient.

On the other case they should just release the outlook, calendar apps for wp8 as well, cause it is still 4-6 months from full win10 and by that time people are going to jump ships because of nothing new being added in wp8(Not most of us, but there are people who would).

Last edited:

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
MS announces something early and delivers it late. Should get used to it now. And where is Win 10 for PCs that should be updated on *cough* roughly a monthly basis

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
It's been 20 odd days since they released the first public beta release. Give them sometime. Plus the software is supposed to be buggy, wasn't the expectation set clearly in the beginning? Have some patience and let Microsoft take their time to develop

Yup, MS should take their sweet time until they become irrelvant. Oops they are already starting to be.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Yup, MS should take their sweet time until they become irrelvant. Oops they are already starting to be.

Oh snap son! You sure showed Microsoft a thing or two. Guess they should just give up now, head back to their mansions, sit in their gold plated hot tubs and wipe their tears away with hundred dollar bills.

A faceless person on the internet made fun of them.... They must hurt inside right about now.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And rebuttals like this are equally pointless...

The point is (getting back to the thread in question) is that we should be grateful that Microsoft lets us join in the previews and help shape the course of Windows going forwards. They don't have an obligation to supply fixes for preview software, neither do they have an obligation to create a new build exactly every month. If they have something awesome that's taking a bit longer, they will take longer and produce a bigger bang as a result.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
And rebuttals like this are equally pointless...

The point is (getting back to the thread in question) is that we should be grateful that Microsoft lets us join in the previews and help shape the course of Windows going forwards. They don't have an obligation to supply fixes for preview software, neither do they have an obligation to create a new build exactly every month. If they have something awesome that's taking a bit longer, they will take longer and produce a bigger bang as a result.

Indeed, however since all of this and everything everybody else has said so far has already been posted and mentioned multiple times already here in the forums, around the internet and by MS themselves, attempting to explain all of this yet again is equally pointless.

If they have not figured all of this out by now, they never will.... And they shouldn't have gotten involved in the Insider Program in the first place.

Even one of the sticky threads up top clearly states all of this and that if you are not semi adept in these things and don't fully understand what the Insider Program or Tech Preview is all about, don't bother to get involved.

I'm merely going with the flow of this thread topic.

I'm more than willing to help out others with problems I think I can, or at least brain storm with them to narrow down some solutions, but when someone comes in here to start a discussion that is not constructive and just wants to rant about things they imply they know little about by using false accusations and assumptions.....

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
All y'all crying about the Win10 preview should ask for all the money you spent getting the TP back from MS! 😅

Careful now, one can quantify the value of the data usage in one's internet plan that was used to download it.... Don't give anybody any ideas :p

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
That is what I would like to see, a perfect product in the end. I still remember when I bought my 520 (when it was newly launched), I had several crashes, playing music hung up the phone a lot. Yes It improved in time but my point is that I don't want that similar experience again, take all the time but I want a bug free OS in the end that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills