Where is the next build?

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
for some reason they are fast on every product they own except on windows phone its like windows phone OS the unwanted child :eck:

Pie ty

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
now .... 6 weeks are over and still no real life signs from the next build. Thats was bothers me so .... 6 weeks and no official tweet or anouncement! There is only silence .... :angry:

I need, no i want something resilient from Microsoft. Any news, how the things stand or something like that.

Last edited:

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
now .... 6 weeks are over and still no real life signs from the next build. Thats was bothers me so .... 6 weeks and no official tweet or anouncement! There is only silence .... :angry:

I need, no i want something resilient from Microsoft. Any news, how the things stand or something like that.

Well I heard that they rotated the hamburger menu 180 degrees.... Progress is being made

razor1973

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
This really is no way to handle a "fast" roll-out cycle of a technical preview. 6 weeks with absolutely no updates is an eternity. At this rate, when is W10 going to be released? If a much smaller company like Cyanogen can release a solid build daily, why can't Microsoft even come close to that?

What's funny is that like a month ago, Gabe Aul said when commenting on release date something like, "We can't give you a date, but if we absolutely had to come up with one, we'd say something like March 26th to be on the safe side and meet it comfortably." Well, that was yesterday. I'd be embarrassed.

I hope this update is feature-complete when it finally hits, meaning Spartan (or whatever the browser ends up being called) is on it and so are the updated Outlook, People, Mail apps. The Windows Insider experience will be even more disappointing otherwise.

Last edited:

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
My goodness, the last time I read about such an over reaction to waiting for something was the golden tickets in Charlie and the chocolate factory. Come on folks, surely your life is filled with enough joy and difficulty that waiting for free software that we are actually getting inside acess on should not cause this much angst.....?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Either they are having issues with bugs or making things run smoothly or they're not sure what they're doing. Why have this big announcement of a technical preview, release it for a handful of low grade devices, and then nothing for what seems like forever?

There will always be the constant defenders and constant complainers, but I think there is good reason the be perplexed and even unhappy with the lack of updates and expansion of the tech preview. What razor said is right. At this point, its embarrassing.

I wonder now if they were just clueless as to how rough a time they'd have getting things ready and running smoothly. At this point, it may have been best to not release any tech preview. To have one release of an Alpha build and then nothing for over a month.....its just laughably pointless.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My goodness, the last time I read about such an over reaction to waiting for something was the golden tickets in Charlie and the chocolate factory. Come on folks, surely your life is filled with enough joy and difficulty that waiting for free software that we are actually getting inside acess on should not cause this much angst.....?
Lol. Sure. A small group got access to an Alpha build and then absolutely nothing else comes out to them or others going on how long now? Why release at all and not have updates to more phones and updates to showcase progress every couple weeks at least? What's the damn point of the preview in the first place to have it okay out like it has so far, with one alpha build forever ago?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I think getting it work work with more phones is causing the hold up.

If that's the case, then wow. I just think they really don't know what they're doing and don't plan things out very well. If its because they can't get it working right on newer, better devices, then that's a horrible sign of how things are going.

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm in no rush......my phone works perfect and I'm very happy! When the update arrives it will be great.

Bet I'm the first person to say this in these forums EVER? Bet ya...

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Lol. Sure. A small group got access to an Alpha build and then absolutely nothing else comes out to them or others going on how long now? Why release at all and not have updates to more phones and updates to showcase progress every couple weeks at least? What's the damn point of the preview in the first place to have it okay out like it has so far, with one alpha build forever ago?
'Damn point', really? This is not cancer, this is not job insecurity, this is software, folks need to chill - badly.

The reality is that Microsoft has invited us into their early process, which means that it may not be on every phone or it may be slower, because this is early on and unpredictable. Everyone throwing hissy fits like the world is ending is not helping. If the early process is causing you this much stress, I would step out of it and be so thankful that your life is so good just now that such a small thing is causi you this much anger.

I think it's way past time for people to get a bit of perspective.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Very entertaining thread. If I was MS I'd just say eff you guys. When the final build is done everybody gets it. It seems no good deed goes unpunished.

Yeah,eff you guys that support us! Efff the customers that continue to support WP despite the negativity from many in the tech world.

Good deed? MS should really just plan things better and think things through. Their "good deed" was to release an Alpha build to a small number of devices and then absolutely nothing for going on 6 weeks. Certainly no reason the be patting ones self I the back.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
'Damn point', really? This is not cancer, this is not job insecurity, this is software, folks need to chill - badly.

The reality is that Microsoft has invited us into their early process, which means that it may not be on every phone or it may be slower, because this is early on and unpredictable. Everyone throwing hissy fits like the world is ending is not helping. If the early process is causing you this much stress, I would step out of it and be so thankful that your life is so good just now that such a small thing is causi you this much anger.

I think it's way past time for people to get a bit of perspective.

You constant defender's should get some perspective. Rightfully complaining or getting annoyed with this process is not a hissy fit. Just because some of us dont blindly agree with or accept how MS does everything does not mean were throwing hissy fits. But hey, good for you for being MS's number one defender and bashing anyone that doesn't follow suite.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
They got a lot of feedback on what the WP community thinks about navigation on W10M for one.

If that's the case, then wow. I just think they really don't know what they're doing and don't plan things out very well. If its because they can't get it working right on newer, better devices, then that's a horrible sign of how things are going.

:grincry: I think MS was pretty clear in their explanation why they couldn't provide the TP to all devices. Based on the community's temper tantrum, we left MS no choice but to get the repartitioning solution up and running before releasing the next TP, so as to prevent the WP community from committing rage inspired mass suicide. MS said that such issues are usually dealt with at the end of the development cycle, whereas we're forcing them to get it done much earlier.

In that sense, yes, the community is causing them quite a bit of overhead, in getting the TP to more devices (has nothing to do with newer/better devices as you've interpreted it). There is nothing wrong with that. It's just us seeing more of how the sausage is made. Things that consumers rarely see, and apparently not everyone is equipped to handle.

Rightfully complaining or getting annoyed with this process is not a hissy fit. Just because some of us don't blindly agree with or accept how MS does everything does not mean were throwing hissy fits. But hey, good for you for being MS's number one defender and bashing anyone that doesn't follow suite.

Just because some of us don't blindly jump on the rage train doesn't mean we're constant defenders either. Almost nobody has the knowledge or technical credentials to judge whether the process, as it is being executed, is reasonable or not. Consumers are extremely ignorant when it comes to software. Everyone thinks they are experts, which in almost all cases couldn't be further from the truth.

I think there are plenty of areas where MS deserves to be criticized. This isn't one of them.

Last edited:

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
You constant defender's should get some perspective. Rightfully complaining or getting annoyed with this process is not a hissy fit. Just because some of us dont blindly agree with or accept how MS does everything does not mean were throwing hissy fits. But hey, good for you for being MS's number one defender and bashing anyone that doesn't follow suite.
Wow, ok, on that perhaps it's not worth appealing to reason here.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

Yes a multi billion dollar company that has been around since before most of the people in here were even born, who already have years of experience working on the most used Operating System around the world, who have been making mobile OS's for a number of years now, who have been creating and supporting programs and apps people all over the word use every day on multiple platforms, who have one of the most popular gaming consoles in recent years and who also have bought out Nokia and have even more experience in the mobile market now than they ever did before.....

.... Simply don't know what they're doing.

Everybody who decides to make something new, whether that be a movie, song, game,vehicle, program, airplane, whatever.... Will always run into a number of snags here and there regardless of experience. The difference is that most of the public is not aware of any of this happening because it's all usually done behind closed doors and we know nothing about the process or their problems.

You make it sound like Microsoft has never made an Operating System before. Like they never dabbled in programming before and have never attempted to design code or programs from virtually square one before.

Hiccups occurring during Alpha and Beta Stages of development??

Delays???

Frigging amateurs they are.... Cripes.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
This really is no way to handle a "fast" roll-out cycle of a technical preview. 6 weeks with absolutely no updates is an eternity. At this rate, when is W10 going to be released? If a much smaller company like Cyanogen can release a solid build daily, why can't Microsoft even come close to that?

What's funny is that like a month ago, Gabe Aul said when commenting on release date something like, "Since we don't know when this will be ready, we can give you a date like March 26th to be on the safe side and meet it comfortably." Well, that was yesterday. I'd be embarrassed.

I hope this update is feature-complete when it finally hits, meaning Spartan (or whatever the browser ends up being called) is on it and so are the updated Outlook, People, Mail apps. The Windows Insider experience will be even more disappointing otherwise.

And I Quote:

What Harrie-S would say,

So what is your point.
That you get noting to play with?
The W10 preview is no toy , it's a serious attempt to create something

What xandros9 would say,

1. Under no way is this a beta test. It is an alpha at best.

2. You think this is how its going to be, just on these phones and voila! it works everywhere for the public release?

They've said they're goal is ROUGHLY MONTHLY releases.
ALSO, Mr. Aul stated that development starts on a small subset of devices so as to reduce instability caused by different hardware so 10 can be properly stabilized. THEN it can go to more hardware.
It's a normal part of the SW development process, at least at MS.
Would you prefer they keep a lid on things until its at beta or RTM like it has before?

What I Say

What is the point of having this Insider Technical Preview when Microsoft is keeping everything from us, we are here to help test, find bugs and submit feedback to them, not sit here waiting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky