Need Data Sense substitute!!

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello my windows central family xx
I cant set my data sense on WP10TP and I need to find an alternative app or way to keep track of my data as I'm on pay as you go and want to keep track of it. Thanks so much.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You'll either have to:

A. Revert to 8.1
B. Use a carrier app if available.
C. Check data usage via SMS if the carrier offers it.
D. turn things off, hope for the best.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
You'll either have to:

A. Revert to 8.1
B. Use a carrier app if available.
C. Check data usage via SMS if the carrier offers it.
D. turn things off, hope for the best.

I can send,an SMS to the carrier but id like to see it on an app as I'm used to Data Sense its a really top notch app..... But I'm not going to revert back to 8.1 because I'm so in love with windows phone 10. Yes i have turned a bunch of stuff but without Battery saver app on windows phone 10 its a matter of hope for the best. I'm lucky though as I have wifi at home its just when I'm out and about. Don't like connecting to hotspots as its a security risk. I could set up a VPN but I don't need one as my data usage outside would be in around 500mb.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
It only notifies me of mobile data I cannot set my data like I can in data sense. But a great idea though.

Yep no 3rd party app has privileges to actually change your phone connectivity features, including limiting your mobile data. But a reminder is not bad I guess.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Yep no 3rd party app has privileges to actually change your phone connectivity features, including limiting your mobile data. But a reminder is not bad I guess.

Yes your right I have it downloaded and it'd not too bad. Its great to see my usage in real time. Thanks so much for the app suggestion. Its really good. 😊

ChrisZA

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
it's actually there...just very hidden:
settings
network
data usage (hold to pin tile)
set as you did with data sense

BUT, it's not a live tile :( However, it *IS* a quick click on the tile to see your current remaining balance etc. SO not bad...

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
BUT, it's not a live tile :( However, it *IS* a quick click on the tile to see your current remaining balance etc. SO not bad...
Yeah, and this is a problem I have. The Storage Sense tile works (and flips) works just like it did in 8.1, but the data tile is broken. The text is way too small and it isn't live. How could the W10M team done one but not the other???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon