Windows 10 and Lumia 1520

FiledIMAGE

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Wow very buggy. Im always first to try new OS and I really love some features but overall bugs are dragging this down a lot for me currently. Obviously very much a beta so completely expected. Just worse than nrmal.

Some I am finding are:

1.) Random crashes and resets

2.) Navigation buttons lose their backlight

3.) Navigation buttons lose their functionality req reset

4.) Background image ends up with black bar down side

5.) Odd scaling on prompts that have fonts stretched and overlay on the notifications

6.) Music needed reloading

7.) No mail notifications plus click on mail icon and it goes to calendar. Like look of app but unified inboxes is a deal breaker for me. Hate it

Just some off top of my head

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Wow very buggy. Im always first to try new OS and I really love some features but overall bugs are dragging this down a lot for me currently. Obviously very much a beta so completely expected. Just worse than nrmal.

Some I am finding are:

1.) Random crashes and resets

2.) Navigation buttons lose their backlight

3.) Navigation buttons lose their functionality req reset

4.) Background image ends up with black bar down side

5.) Odd scaling on prompts that have fonts stretched and overlay on the notifications

6.) Music needed reloading

7.) No mail notifications plus click on mail icon and it goes to calendar. Like look of app but unified inboxes is a deal breaker for me. Hate it

Just some off top of my head

interesting, I only had a couple of the issues you've mentioned on my 1520, I have the background bug, I suppose random resets (though much rarer than I expected from a build as early as this) that's about it, really everything else has been working quite well, are you running denim? strange how to phones of the same model can react so differently!

cvflowe

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The biggest problem for me was battery drain. I could deal with a lot, but that was a no go for me. I ended up taking it off. I'm talking a few hours of use. Are you guys experiencing the same issue?

jessechunn

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
For me, it seems that everything works as well as could be expected when an update is first installed, and over time it gets worse, with things like Here Drive and even Photos working for a few days, and then getting to a point that they won't load (just "Loading..." forever). The screen will eventually stop working. No touch, no display, no buttons, nothing but a force restart (vol down + power for 10 seconds) will get me back to an operable state. Eventually a scheduled update will occur and things will seem to work fine for several days, and then the cycle begins again. This has happened for me at least 3 or 4 times over the last couple of months.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
so is the 1520 your daily driver? Have you reverted to 8.1? Have you experienced issues with reverting? and a last question do you have a Microsoft band?

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
so is the 1520 your daily driver? Have you reverted to 8.1? Have you experienced issues with reverting? and a last question do you have a Microsoft band?

My 1520 with this build is my daily driver. I reverted to 8.1 before upgrading to this build. I also have a Microsoft Band and have no issues with the Microsoft Health app and Pimp My Band (the only 2 apps I use).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss