Why do apps close automatically with Windows 10 Technical Preview on my Lumia 925?

Abhilash K S

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 technical preview on lumia 925

I installed the technical preview of windows 10 on my lumia 925 but i had following problems . hope somebody can give me some suggestions
Most of the time many of my apps close automatically (even system setting )causing me loose the work i had done so far.
Wi fi turn on automatically and cannot turn it off even manually and some times when it connected to any network it disconnect automatically and doesn't reconnect even if the Wifi is available and remembered.
cannot able to download speeches.

Is it good to stay with it or to get back to windows 8.1 ?

mdau

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 technical preview on lumia 925

I installed the technical preview of windows 10 on my lumia 925 but i had following problems . hope somebody can give me some suggestions
Most of the time many of my apps close automatically (even system setting )causing me loose the work i had done so far.
Wi fi turn on automatically and cannot turn it off even manually and some times when it connected to any network it disconnect automatically and doesn't reconnect even if the Wifi is available and remembered.
cannot able to download speeches.

Is it good to stay with it or to get back to windows 8.1 ?

It depends on what you want to do with windows 10. If you want to test it then keep it. It is still under development and not meant to be used as a daily driver. How on earth do you compare its stability with windows 8.1 at this stage?

Abhilash K S

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

Hi, try to understand am not comparing windows 8.1 with windows 10 technical preview I know its under development , I just said that these are the problem that are affecting me when i installed it. I want to know whether this problem is common to all, if it is then okay. But if it is not a common problem then I should think differently that my hardware is not suitable for windows 10, there is no point in staying with an inappropriate hardware. I like the technical preview, i like to stay but I cant if the problems stays long. That's why I asked for suggestions not solutions..

ekiRYL

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

If i were you, I'll roll back to 8.1 and wait for win10 final release hahaha :D

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Your hardware is no problem because w10 also works on 512mb devices.
Some problems can be solved with a hard reset. If you still have problems after a hard reset and these problems are "bugging" you more then the newly added functions you should roll back.

Abhilash K S

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

Yeah am planning for an hard reset... If I roll back also whole my data will loose so planning to take a back up and try hard reset.. If not worked roll back to w8.1...

Abhilash K S

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

It depends on what you want to do with windows 10. If you want to test it then keep it. It is still under development and not meant to be used as a daily driver. How on earth do you compare its stability with windows 8.1 at this stage?

Can i ask you a question.. If i compare also what is the problem.. I think Microsoft is also want that .. That's why they made w10 preview to public so that anybody can find a bug and give them a feedback so that they can improve.. new version should be better than the old one if not what's the point in making a new version and advantages can be understand only by comparing with old version...

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

How is your Outlook? Nothing in mine works.

Lots of stuff still hangs, apps crash out, most of the settings won't open, things are "Loading..." for ever.

I rolled back to 8.1 last week and uninstalled Insider. Unfortunately pings for the 10 update kept coming through and last night at 3am it reinstalled as I'd left it off flight mode and the automatic scheduled install time came round. Doh.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Can i ask you a question.. If i compare also what is the problem.. I think Microsoft is also want that .. That's why they made w10 preview to public so that anybody can find a bug and give them a feedback so that they can improve.. new version should be better than the old one if not what's the point in making a new version and advantages can be understand only by comparing with old version...

My dear friend

I applaud your willingness to test preview software and feedback. However, feedback doesn't mean comparing performance of a pre-beta software with stable version of the same software.

Feedback means, checking the apps or features provided by the manufacturer and reporting any bugs on that and the user interface.

May I check with you if the L925 is your daily driver?

If it is your daily driver, then it will be better to revert back WP8.1 for now.

Abhilash K S

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

I am using my L925 as my daily driver.. When I installed the software I like the UI interface and many changes made by MS. But i find many bugs in which few a mentioned earlier. These problems may change when a full version is released .. lets hope for the best.. Rolling back to WP8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb