The future of the Glance Screen feature

JoseAriasArroyo

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, what do you think that might change to the Glance Screen feature with Windows 10?

What will you want to see on Glance on the future? And do you think that if it receives a major overhaul or something like that, will it be available to current phones? :smile::smile:

Before you say it, I know, it's not something that is baked on the Windows *phone* OS, but on the firmware for the device.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'd imagine glance is going to get integrated into the os somewhat soon, dunno if it will in W10, but, I'm sure it will!

what features would I like? Id like for apps to be able to hook into it like the msn weather does.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
That's possible if that screen's phone supports what Nokia called 'screen memory' on their devices. Don't know if other brands have that too. Otherwise, there's no reason for Microsoft to integrate the glance.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
That's possible if that screen's phone supports what Nokia called 'screen memory' on their devices. Don't know if other brands have that too. Otherwise, there's no reason for Microsoft to integrate the glance.

well, its a pretty standard spec for displays to have, atleast on mid to high range phones.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I can't think what you could add to Glance. It seemed to do everything it needed to do. I was already a little disturbed by the amount of info the Notification centre can give to people when my phone's locked (that checkbox is now unticked!), without Glance getting too mouthy as well.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to see if glance is available on all Windows devices, at least the peek feature, it doesn't need oled screen. And any app can easily hook into it, not limited to just several MS apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12