Most striking thing about rolling back to WP8.1

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
A couple hours back on WP8.1 now and the thing I found the most significant was how much easier the keyboard is to use when typing a text message. It was such a relief. I hope the next build improves on the keyboard.

Second thing that struck me was how much easier it is to see notification counters and text.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the W10 keyboard is hard to use on a smaller device. I've got it on my 630 and it's far harder to type than in 8.1, they keys don't look that smaller but it makes a difference.

ODwyerPW

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Initally, the WP10 keyboard wasn't bad... But a further update pushed some changes that actually made it smaller on my 1520.... The right/left hand mode isn't super useful either. Flow does't work.... and there is no autocorrect for the Spanish language. (I'm Irish/American but spend allot of time communicating in Spanish)...

Now when texting... the text falls behind the keyboard, so you can't actually see what is being typed... Strange. I've waited a few weeks for the fix.

It's enough to have me roll back as well. The question is, prior to WP10.. I was on 8.1 gdr1 (8.1 gdr2 was not available for 1520 at the time)... If, I roll back, I'd like to get gdr2.. (couple things in 8.1 gdr2 I like)...

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The keyboard margins are what really drove me crazy. When you accidentally touch it the keyboard closes.

I also had problem with hitting send instead of delete causing me to frequently send unfinished messages that ended with a typo. The typo was usually a b at the end of the word from where I tried to hit the space key.

The old iPhones have small keyboards but they were always easy to use.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
The keyboard margins are what really drove me crazy. When you accidentally touch it the keyboard closes.

I also had problem with hitting send instead of delete causing me to frequently send unfinished messages that ended with a typo. The typo was usually a b at the end of the word from where I tried to hit the space key.

I did exactly that - super-annoying.

The combination of the keyboard shrinking, plus being a little sluggish (noticeable lag between when tapping Shift or &123 keys - just enough to interrupt what little rhythm & momentum these fat clumsy fingers can muster), PLUS moving to a slightly smaller form factor (635 from an 820) has made hurt my typing.

I see from the Feedback app that they're getting a LOT of feedback along these lines, though - so hopefully tweaks will happen.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I did exactly that - super-annoying.

The combination of the keyboard shrinking, plus being a little sluggish (noticeable lag between when tapping Shift or &123 keys - just enough to interrupt what little rhythm & momentum these fat clumsy fingers can muster), PLUS moving to a slightly smaller form factor (635 from an 820) has made hurt my typing.

I see from the Feedback app that they're getting a LOT of feedback along these lines, though - so hopefully tweaks will happen.

I'm on a 1520 so I can't imagine what it would be like on a little phone. My keyboard issues were so bad I found myself not wanting to message people as it was exhausting.

I love the insider feedback program as it gives the community a chance to participate in development process. I don't recall ever seeing projects of this size with such a level of end user interactivity.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Same here. I kept making typos. But I have to send alot of messages so I had to revert to Denim. Left alot of feedback. I like the "original" keyboard (8.1).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2