Big annoying bug!

cyborgnish

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Pressing windows key while using some apps shows "loading..." for 5-10 seconds and bounces back to that app instead of going to start screen! Even after closing that app and all the remaining apps the screen remains black/blank! It always needs soft reset! Very very annoying when Im in a hurry and need to use my phone urgently!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Indeed that is annoying, did you already try a hard reset?
And did you use the feedback in Insider to inform Microsoft?
(And I know you know but I still want to remind you that W10 is a Technical Preview so these things can happen.)

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Laggy, showing loading message for more secs, If we try to login in app showing blank screen, Windows home button not working in some cases, If we press and hold back button running apps showing after 2-3 secs, sound while pressing keys in keypad(even turn off this)

All these are very very annoying but common in TP(that too very common in alpha level OS)

cyborgnish

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I do not want to hard reset, I'm just waiting for build 10072. Hope MS releases it this week and hope it solves such basic problems that robs users of basic functionality of their phones while trying the TP. This really doesn't qualify as an excuse of a TP. If I want to make an emergency call or send an sms, i still face this issue. So this problem is basically rendering my phone totally useless and just as good as a brick.

Yes I did inform MS thru feedback app.
By the way, do you face it too?

Other persisting problems that I face are:

1. File Manager causes the OS to crash if I try to open an image while browsing pictures
2. None of the folder based music players work (like loco music player/perfect music/extreme music/core music player)
3. Clicking an email notification takes me to outlook calendar instead of the mail!
4. Cannot save images while searching thru cortana, images just dont open, only results are shown.
5. Cannot enable or disable background tasks for apps as the battery saver app doesn't seem to have that functionality anymore. Also it doesn't show real-time battery status on live tile.
6. Data sense doesn't work either! I have to query my mobile operator every time to find out my data balance.
7. Apps like Whatsapp/Viber do not show all the pictures saved on my phone, even if they are physically present on my phone and I can browse and open using file manager.

I have also discovered some new things in Win 10 TP like,

1. Pressing and holding any action center toggles takes me to its setting page which is good.
2. My phone now has Hindi Phonetic keyboard, which is nothing short of awesome!

Is anyone else facing the above problems?
I must say Win 10 TP in its current state is quite usable as my daily driver if MS just gets rid of that annoying start screen bug.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I do not want to hard reset, I'm just waiting for build 10072. Hope MS releases it this week and hope it solves such basic problems that robs users of basic functionality of their phones while trying the TP. This really doesn't qualify as an excuse of a TP. If I want to make an emergency call or send an sms, i still face this issue. So this problem is basically rendering my phone totally useless and just as good as a brick.

Yes I did inform MS thru feedback app.
By the way, do you face it too?

Other persisting problems that I face are:

1. File Manager causes the OS to crash if I try to open an image while browsing pictures
2. None of the folder based music players work (like loco music player/perfect music/extreme music/core music player)
3. Clicking an email notification takes me to outlook calendar instead of the mail!
4. Cannot save images while searching thru cortana, images just dont open, only results are shown.
5. Cannot enable or disable background tasks for apps as the battery saver app doesn't seem to have that functionality anymore. Also it doesn't show real-time battery status on live tile.
6. Data sense doesn't work either! I have to query my mobile operator every time to find out my data balance.
7. Apps like Whatsapp/Viber do not show all the pictures saved on my phone, even if they are physically present on my phone and I can browse and open using file manager.

I have also discovered some new things in Win 10 TP like,

1. Pressing and holding any action center toggles takes me to its setting page which is good.
2. My phone now has Hindi Phonetic keyboard, which is nothing short of awesome!

Is anyone else facing the above problems?
I must say Win 10 TP in its current state is quite usable as my daily driver if MS just gets rid of that annoying start screen bug.

New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones
Please read that.

But especially this:
Is it right for me? - Microsoft Windows

You signed up for this half-baked stuff, including bugs, etc. (The thing is, if you sign up for these unstable builds, you should be prepared to hard reset at a moments notice.)
Of course, we'll see more polish as time goes on.

Allow me to quote some important things you should have known...

• Really know your way around Windows Phone and feel comfortable troubleshooting problems, backing up data, or restoring your original operating system if something goes wrong.

I remember clearly being some disclaimer stating that all these things can go wrong, including being unable to make emergency calls, phone explodes, etc.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. I would be very unhappy with the Preview on my phone in the state its currently in myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2