Linx Tablet

grantpwarren

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone installed Windows 10 Insider Preview on any one of the models yet?

Does it work successfully?
Did you backup the 8.1 with bing product key beforehand?

Any and all information would be awesome, thanks.

Last edited:

Andrew Gordon

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I've tried to install two builds on my Linx 7 tablets unsuccessfully. I've tried through Windows upgrade, ISO install and installing from a bootable USB stick and each and everytime the installation fails at 31%.
I was hopeful that this latest build would work but it's the same story.
I'm wondering if Microsoft have even given a thought to people who want to upgrade from Windows 8.1 with Bing on small tablets.

Richard Jeeves

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I've tried updating my linx 10. I get the same problem (stuck at 31%). After reading comments elsewhere im going to leave the updates for this until windows 10 is fully released. I'll still test it on my desktop and phone.

nemov888

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I felt a bit stung buying the Surface 2, seeing as it will not be upgraded to Win10. So, I'm thinking of getting another tablet instead. I have my eyes on the Lenovo Miix 3 (7.85 incher) - Do you think that's wise if I ultimately want Win10?

Andrew Gordon

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I have finally managed to install Windows 10 on my Linx 7, but not without issues. To install it I had to do a clean install from USB and delete all the previous partitions on tablet. The install went ahead fine then. I had to hook up a powered USB hub and use a mouse and keyboard to navigate and I put the USB stick in the hub as well. Touch screen and accelerometer drivers weren't automatically installed so I had to download them from linxtablet.co.uk along with other drivers.
The problem I have now is that the tablet won't charge when switched on. I think it's an ACPI problem but I can't be sure.
Apart from that everything is working fine although when I upgraded from build 10122 to 10030 the apps I had installed to the SD card stopped working and I can't make Windows "see" them even though the tiles are still on the start screen and the apps are listed in all apps.
Luckily I have another Linx still running Windows 8.1.