is windows 10 optimized for small 8" display tablets?

al404

May 8, 2015
Visit site
in windows 10 is not possible to make fonts and text bigger?
i can't believe that MS is still not able to make usability test and can't understand things that obvious

if they mess this release people would not upgrade and MS fragmentation will grow
normal user get confused when you change system UI and in windows 8 made a big change, now MS is changing everything again

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
on win 8.1 modern apps has small fonts and could not find a way to enlarge them
small for 8" or lower, good on 9"/10"

This is a big complaint of mine. I don't think there is any way to make fonts larger in the metro environment. I guess they don't particularly care about accessibility issues.

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...to get a windows 8" display tablet
and i was wondering if without a pen i could handle tasks
yes, it works fine without a pen. for most cases, pens are not pointing tools, but rather actual things you would use a pen for like writing, highlighting, and other things.

frank pik

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
i think it could be a little more responsive as it seems like it takes a few tries on my Iconia W4 to open something sometimes - particularly the Start button or some of the things around the notifications area and maybe having an option to resize would be nice, otherwise it seems to work ok. I did notice some games not adapting to the screen properly anymore. Fruit Ninja for example will be expanded with everything from the bottom all the way to the right cropped off-screen

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd never put Win 10 on my 8 inch acer iconia. I'd lose about 30% of the screen due to always on taskbar and no ability to have a full screen web browser.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I just came on to see if anyone had put 10 on a 7 inch Stream yet :smile:

Not these giant 8 inch ones.

Seriously has any one tried yet, especially with the latest builds like 10162?

chihs

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
The Windows 10 update on my ASUS Vivatab 8 is extreme slow, every time will at least 8 hours, but current 10162 build upgrade never success, every time system stop at 53%, you only can power off the tablet

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
You can auto-hide the taskbar. You'll get a full screen browser then.

So when I switch to tablet mode I should then go to the properties of the task bar to enable auto hide but then go back in and disable before using desktop? Perhaps Microsoft should have just added an option to hide taskbar in Tablet mode that has been requested, much of the feedback for Tablet mode has been ignored, takes more hand movement and touch points compared to W8.1.

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Windows 10 update on my ASUS Vivatab 8 is extreme slow, every time will at least 8 hours, but current 10162 build upgrade never success, every time system stop at 53%, you only can power off the tablet

I've just upgraded my Asus vivo tab note 8. I went from a clean 8.1 to build 10130, then onto build 10162. It's way better then when I started with 10094 on my Lenovo ThinkPad tablet 2, which is basically dead/non upgradeable. There are still some bugs, but it's actually pretty reliable. Most of the bugs I've seen are actually more app related then OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers