Tablet no longer auto-detecting screen orientation after upgrade to W10?

McCarthyMR

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

I upgraded my Linx 10inch tablet to Windows 10 and, although it's working great, it no longer detects and adjusts the screen rotation.

I can work around at the moment by going into the display settings but this is definitely an annoyance. Is this a common issue or have I simply installed the wrong version?

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
re: Tablet Auto-Detect Screen Rotation?

This also happened with my linx 7 tablet after upgrade. Maybe a driver issue?

nguzmanm

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
re: Tablet Auto-Detect Screen Rotation?

Im having the same problem on a nextbook Tablet, i udpates the drivers but the option of lock rotation and sich things doesn?t apear on config

Mirage85

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Tablet Auto-Detect Screen Rotation?

I have the same problem with my Toshiba Encore 2. I'm wondering if this is by design since there isn't an option to turn auto rotation on/off (at least that I can find).

Robholden

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

I have win10 running on a ASUS 8" tablet and a HP Stream7, both of them auto rotate works.. although after upgrading Win10 locks rotation...

you should have an option to toggle rotation in action center... for me it is the option right next to tablet mode...

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site

Screen rotation is turned off by default. But even after flipping it on, I ran into issues of it not always working.

McCarthyMR

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site

Well, I still can't auto-rotate but the orientation settings suggests it should work.

The orientation settings do show various options around screen rotation but nothing to turn it on or off.

Guzzler, if you could post where the on/off toggle is located, it'd be greatly appreciated. Also, what version type is installed on your device.

The version on my tablet is: Windows 10 Home Edition

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

I have win10 running on a ASUS 8" tablet and a HP Stream7, both of them auto rotate works.. although after upgrading Win10 locks rotation...

you should have an option to toggle rotation in action center... for me it is the option right next to tablet mode...

Interesting, I have a Stream 7 and rotation in not in the action center, I have to manually adjust it in display setup.

Did you do anything special to get it to work?

daniel_leavitt2000

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Stream 7 here with the same problem. No auto rotation/rotation lock option in any settings menu. Also the Windows capacitive button does not work either. I checked device manager and everything is working properly (no yellow caution signs), so maybe this is a Windows bug?

Very annoying

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Stream 7 here with the same problem. No auto rotation/rotation lock option in any settings menu. Also the Windows capacitive button does not work either. I checked device manager and everything is working properly (no yellow caution signs), so maybe this is a Windows bug?

Very annoying

It's strange that you can search for rotation in Cortana and something does pop up, but when you try to access it just dumps you at the base setup screen.

p0rp01se

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
just bought Linx 1010 B installed with W10, same thing nearly sent it back until I realised the fault was with Windows 10... pain, but solvable using settings! No wonder people hesitate to update when every new windows bring its own crop of glitches.

Karl5271

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
I'm having the same problem since updated windows 10 can't my Linx 10 inch tablet to Auto rotate. I have tried to update Regedit as suggested still greyed out any suggestions please.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon