Unable to install windows 10 on Acer Iconia w510, due to grahpics media accelerator!! HELP!!!

Robert Aspgren

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Please Help!!
I cant install windows 10 on my Acer Iconia W510 tablet due to (old?) Graphics media accelerator!
Does anyone have a workaround? Do a Clean install from the ISO?

AdamInTx

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting this same issue. Windows 10 update tool previously said I was good to go. Yesterday it told me that the release was staggered so I needed to wait my turn. Then this morning it now says that my intel graphics media accelerator is incompatible and I cannot get windows 10. I went to Dells website (I have a Latitude 10-ST2e) and it claims that my device is tested and ready for windows 10! Don't know what the deal here is.

Yaneth Graciano

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi, the problem is already solve,:
Hi, sorry for my english...
I tell you what I did to install Win 10 Pro on the iconia W510.
With media creation tool to make the USB on my other PC, for Win 32 (intel Atom on my Iconia).
Then on y Iconia I went to the UEFI for modifications to Boot with USB.
When I last the Iconia boot and I see the Ugrade or Install Menu for Windows 10, I selected Install for a Fresh (clean) install, I wanted for more space (64GB SSD). So I eliminated every partition there (no more rollback option I have my own USB for that).
I created new partion and Install Win 10. Took some time there.
Finaly Win 10 got installed and a lot of hardware were not recognize there, not even the WiFi.
So i went for my USB wifi (tp-link) immediatly installed by the plug and play, I went for Acer Support Driver Page... and I downloaded the Driver Pack for Win 8.1.
I installed the pack, and reboot and everything is working now... Everything were installed, is running and function fine.
Note: I had my own product key for Win 8 Pro.
Note 2: I already ran movie players did some testing, including MKV format, i saw some movies on Netflix, everthing is reproducing.
Note 3: Of course, i had a lot more space now... Win 10, didnt took more then 8GB.
Note 4: sorry for my english.
Note 5: You can pick for the upgrade mode instead the clean install, then with the screen adapter issue, delete drivers and reinstall de win 8.1 drivers from the pack driver

Good Luck...

Robert Aspgren

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Yaneth

Ok so I?ve tried now to install win10 but my Product key doesnt work? Not the one from my w510 (its still a licensed windows 8.1 it shouldnt matter if its installed on a non compatibel device) and not from my other PC (which is a 64bit system, and now I am not able to donwload a 32bit installation file from microsoft with this PC). I can skip the license key during installation on the w510, but what happens if I do? will it install correctly or will I have a "non legal example" of win10?

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
It will install correctly. The only thing is that you will be prompted to activate your copy of Windows in 3 days. After that, Windows will begin to reboot itself periodically until you do activate it.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Found out my driver is also not compatible, but is up to date. Any word if a driver update is in the works? Pretty upset I can't get 10 on my Asus VivoTab Smart.

Robert Aspgren

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I have now installed win 10 on my w510, Everything works but I saw the "activate windows". Is this beacause the licens key is already used on the other PC, the one I got the installation files from? Will it help if I downgrade the old PC back to windows 7 again? Because the keys are different and that way the windows 10 key is not used, Or is it possible to some how upgrade the licens key from my w510 to a win 10 key?

majibow

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey buddy,

Try using RWEverything to read your windows 8 license key from your UEFI BIOS. Then you can just manually type in your windows 8 product key and activate with that.
Site: rweverything com
Step 1 - Click ACPI Tables button from the ribbon
Step 2 - Click MSDM Tab
Step 3 - Read your key
See screen shot
GetWindowsLicenceFromUEFI.png

Let us know if this lets you activate windows 10.

Robert Aspgren

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi
Thanks for the tip.
Though I know the key for my win 8.1 for the w510, thats not the problem. The problem is that I cant use that key to activate win 10. I guess that it has to be "upgraded" to win 10 for it to work for activation. But I dont know how to do that, it would be really easy just for Microsoft to take my win 8.1 key and upgrad that to win 10

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
You HAVE to do an upgrade first.

Then the new W10 will be activated against your Microsoft account. Then, and only then, can you go do a clean install with the downloaded ISO. Choose "skip" product key during the install. After you login with your MS account, the computer will "automagiclly activate".

The reason why the W8 key won't work, is that you have one year to get a free upgrade. If they used the W8 key, then everyone could wait till when ever they wanted and install W10 for free.

Robert Aspgren

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi
Yes I know that that is the way to do it. But my W510 wont upgrade to win 10 beacause of the graphic media accelerator. Believe me I?ve tried several times to upgrade the regular way with windows update but every time it says that this system cant be upgraded. But, win 10 actually works really well on the W510 and Im using it right now, but I cant activate it. Im so close, but as long as Intel refuses to let me upgrade the regular way Im sitting here with a win 8.1 that cant be upgraded to win 10, which really sucks!

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Same thing with the Iconia W3-810. The Windows 10 upgrade was reserved, but then it warned that an upgrade would not be possible due to the Intel graphics accelerator. I updated using a USB stick instead, which went completely flawlessly. In fact, I like using it much more than I did when it had W8.1 on it - as before, the only drawback is the low-quality screen. Device Manager does not indicate any missing drivers or hardware issues.

areithropos

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Strange, I have reserved Windows 10 and upgraded normally with the latest driver package from Acer. I had no problems at all.
I used the driver version from their US-website and after upgrading I downloaded the ISO from Microsoft and installed it via DVD making it a clean install.

Anyway, I have some irritating graphic bugs, the driver seems no longer able to display everything correctly as some symbols are missing sometimes or text is entirely missing or just distorted; mainly in apps' windows but not in old programs windows. The basic driver has no such problems but makes performance rather slow and you are not able to change the resolution with it; even Candy Crush Saga gets slowed down and Office too.

In the end, I am not completely happy with Windows 10.

Robert Aspgren

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi
Do you have Intels "graphic media accelerator"? Its the computers with this specific hardware that cant upgrade, its not computer brand related its Intels graphic cards that is the problem.

I?ve also noticed those glitches, but all of that will probably get sorted out in future updates from Microsoft

Jas Holden

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi *smiles* I have 2 of the ASUS Vivotab Smart (me400c) that have been blocked from Win10 because of this Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator problem.

Do you have any other information? Or do I have to go to their Office and kick down the door....guns off safe?

Bruno laurent

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
tu pourrais mettre la proc?dure pr?cise en francais... j'ai pas vraiment compris ton anglais!
comment tu fais le backup du 8.1 en usb, avant le reformatage total au cas ou ?a merde...
comment tu prepare le disk usb pour installer w10
comment tu rentres ds le boot, etc

jens_pellich

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi folks,

upgrade worked on my W510! The hardwarechecker also told me, that my W510 is not compatible because of the Intel Grafics Media Accelerator. So I simply downloaded the MediaCreationTool.exe and started it - and guess what? No further hardware check - I simply selected "upgrade" and it worked. No driver had to be installed - everything is ok! It takes some time tough.

But be warned: The tablet is much slower under Windows 10 so far. I recommend that you do a full image of your tablet before, so that you can go back anytime.

Have fun!

Jens

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans