Tech Preview Stability - what's your experience?

koolnaija

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the Tech preview is going wonky in the background. All websites in my favorites got deleted and since it backs up the changes, this was reflected on my surface & windows 8 desktop. This is not the first time i have seen other settings changed and i know it's expected but i had my fingers crossed for a smooth experience but it's better than expected though. I think i might just switch the account to a different one for the technical preview

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Everything is going fine, except that I am not able to update the tech preview build. Apparently I "can't install tech preview on a virtual harddisk", when I attempt to update. Such a pity, would love to try the notification/action center.

dharvey24

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Working well for me. Few strange driver issue but nothing unexpected. Looking forward to the next build release.

Its not for the faint hearted. Some prior PC/OS experience really is a must otherwise you could end up in a world of hurt.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
So far so good. Been running it on my main desktop for over a week now. Been playing Shadows of Mordor with no problems that weren't there in 8.1. Netflix app runs. Haven't done much besides that and Outlook 13.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
My tablet BSODs every time I boot it up with system_thread_exception_not_handled error after installing the latest preview build unfortunately. I reinstalled the whole thing too and updated back to the latest build and it still happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos