RSAT for W10 not working after install

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I just upgraded my SP3 to W10TP and I noticed that the RSAT tools for W10 are no longer installing. I get a "This package is not applicable for your computer" when attempting to install.

Anyone encounter this and know a work around?

Anthony

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
No VPN Issues and I use RDP to manage my Server Infrastructure...

I use an older Dell Sonicwall and the built-in VPN connects but I cannot access any resources. I use RDP as well, but I do use ADUC and Server Manager and cannot get the W10 version of RSAT to install.

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I use an older Dell Sonicwall and the built-in VPN connects but I cannot access any resources. I use RDP as well, but I do use ADUC and Server Manager and cannot get the W10 version of RSAT to install.

Sonic Wall is troublesome on non-beta software, as far as RSAT, Bug it and move on, Server vNext is still on the First Build, the next one doesn't come out until January and my guess RSAT will work after Jan 21....

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I was doing a clean install of a newer build and this was part of the problem. The nasty work around that I am trying now is to revert to the original TP install the RSAT (installed just fine) and then upgrade to the most current build and hope that it still works. For the VPN I am sort of at the mercy of Dell on that one.

Thanks for the responses!

UPDATE: My long work around paid off and now I am good to go with the RSAT tools.

A.

Last edited:

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Had the same issue when I upgraded from 8.0 to 8.1 and again with the first build of 10 to the next.
Basically had to extract the update package and install with dism and everything worked from there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3