anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Calculator looks inconsistent too.

There's probably going to be a lot of inconsistencies in this early Tech Preview build. Be sure to report them to MS.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Could you please go into further detail about what you mean when you say it's "inconsistent". I did notice you lose the ability to go into "Memeory" on the smaller "Desktop" sized Calculator. Outside of that, every that everything seems okay to me.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

The number keys have no button design. It's just numbers. The keyboard doesn't use this design. Check your keyboard, calculator and dial app on wp8.1, they all have the button design.

fl_x

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I've also noticed that ms apparently doesn't understand their own design language any more. Just look at the battery saver app in wp8.1 that they released. Underlined text for drop down menus? Really?

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why does the Windows 10 apps for phone have back buttons in the upper left corner?
I hope they make some changes because the apps are harder to read, and are definitely less intuitive to use.

Would prefer removal of the hamburger menus too.. Oh well.. RIP Metro, long live Modern UI :(

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've also noticed that ms apparently doesn't understand their own design language any more. Just look at the battery saver app in wp8.1 that they released. Underlined text for drop down menus? Really?

Yeah, that is really annoying ..

Mike Waechter

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I've been told on many occasions that Microsoft has multiple teams and goals/targets/revenue, thus having inconsistent design, performance, and ux experiences across multiple products is fruit of the company's organization.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been told on many occasions that Microsoft has multiple teams and goals/targets/revenue, thus having inconsistent design, performance, and ux experiences across multiple products is fruit of the company's organization.

That was done with a while ago. Ever since the last reorganization, they're all working mostly together.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
That was done with a while ago. Ever since the last reorganization, they're all working mostly together.

Well can't see that they are working together. If they did, they could easily agree "hey guys do/don't do rounded corners".

When I am being a optimistic as possible I'm guessing they are trying different things now in each app and looking which app gets the most positive feedback and then they will align al apps to that design language. But I being very optimistic then. I can easily see them bring out a chaos design language with windows 10.

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

The number keys have no button design. It's just numbers. The keyboard doesn't use this design. Check your keyboard, calculator and dial app on wp8.1, they all have the button design.

Why would the calculator's buttons be designed like the keyboard? Makes no sense. It's an app, not an integral part of the OS.

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
This thread I pointless.
OneNote is part of the the Office suite and all Office apps will have rounded corners. It's not inconsistent. As far as the calculator goes, I still haven't opened it.

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I've also noticed that ms apparently doesn't understand their own design language any more.
The funny part is it's you who actually has no idea what their design language is, you're just saying it's not the same as 5 year old metro and stomping your feet when they're clearly working to an updated language.

Also stop calling out inconsistencies in a WIP technical preview, it's extremely pointless.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3