XBox Live Game error: you need to sign in with the Microsoft account?

sikoniko

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
loaded the JTP of Windows 10 on my Surface Pro3. I'm not a big fan so far... After stumbling around, it really feels like there is very little of the good points from Windows 8(.1) that has moved forward at this point...

However, the biggest annoyance I am having is I cannot play Age of Empires Castle Siege. When I launch the game I get a message:

To use this app, you need to sign in with the Microsoft account that was used to download it. Go to the Windows Store, select Settings, Accounts and Preferences, then sign in with the purchasing account. If this doesn't help, uninstall and reinstall the app at the Windows Store.

Problem is that I can't find this option in the settings. Can someone help? I don't have any other XBox Live games loaded, but I'm guessing this problem will persist across all of them.

Thanks
dan

Last edited:

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: you need to sign in with the Microsoft account?

So then why not just sign in with you MS account? Or better yet just roll back to 8.1 because apparently you aren't ready for this release. Come back when the release becomes official.

sikoniko

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site

So then why not just sign in with you MS account? Or better yet just roll back to 8.1 because apparently you aren't ready for this release. Come back when the release becomes official.

hello captain obvious... you don't have to be a jerk. this isn't my first rodeo. did you even try to see if you have the same issue?

sikoniko

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site

Did you set up the SP3 with the same account you bough the game with?

Yes, I am logged into the store, xbox app, music, video, apps. It just seems that this game doesn't recognize it is logged in. Has anyone else seen this and been able to resolve it?

fragment137

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

OP the only thing I can suggest is uninstalling/reinstalling the app.. I'm having some different issues with some apps on my desktop running 10 TP.. if I figure it out i'll be sure to let you know

I'll admit that his title comes across like "why should I have to use a microsoft account", but if you actually took the time to read his post, he's having issues with a single app.

Before you start bashing people who "aren't ready" for the TP, maybe you should read through and make sure YOU'RE ready to respond to a post.

sikoniko

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site

I know the title is ambiguous, but I was trying to come up with something that was searchable, in case anyone else was having a similar issue and we figure out how to resolve it.

lionfish0

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that's a confirmed (by Microsoft) bug of this build. All xbox-enabled games that require a sign-in to be launched will fail to do so.
So we cannot fix this at the moment.
Surprisingly, I was able to play AoE for almost 2 days after the update (8.1 -> 10), but after I launched the old Store app (the green one), AoE got broken with the same error as yours.

P.S.: google this: List Of Known Issues In Windows 10 Technical Preview January Build 9926
◾Xbox Live enabled games that require sign-in will not launch correctly. If you see the below dialog box the game requires Xbox Live sign-in. A fix for this will be distributed via WU shortly after the release of Build 9926.

Last edited:

sikoniko

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that's a confirmed (by Microsoft) bug of this build. All xbox-enabled games that require a sign-in to be launched will fail to do so.
So we cannot fix this at the moment.
Surprisingly, I was able to play AoE for almost 2 days after the update (8.1 -> 10), but after I launched the old Store app (the green one), AoE got broken with the same error as yours.

P.S.: google this: List Of Known Issues In Windows 10 Technical Preview January Build 9926
◾Xbox Live enabled games that require sign-in will not launch correctly. If you see the below dialog box the game requires Xbox Live sign-in. A fix for this will be distributed via WU shortly after the release of Build 9926.

Thanks. I launched the old store before I played the game to try and get my apps back. This functionality hasn't made it into the new store app that I could find.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3