Internet Explorer has stopped working...

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the message and crash consistently since installing the newest build. It seems to only happen on sites with flash. Anyone else having the same issue with sites using flash?

edit: Youtube wont work at all. I'm yet to get a video to open without ie crashing since installing the latest build.

Last edited:

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Yep. I cant get it to work at. Stops working on every page. I try and download it again and I'm told it's not compatible with my system as I need as Windows system. Brilliant.
Running as Admin is a fix for now but it's very slow. This whole Windows Central site is a car crash since the redesign and this doesn't help.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
no issue on my end. after upgrade my ie was set to automatic for "enable experimental web platform features" I latter switched it to enabled to force it to always be on and have had no issue with youtube etal. Possibly it could be a browser plugin that is having an issue with the features. Try typing about:flags in the address bar and playing with the settings to see if it fixes the issue.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have questions, its a bit off topic.
Anyone having dropping frame rate and laggy videos on IE w10? I have an old dell laptop( roughly 9 years old) 1.83 ghz Intel cpu(not sure what version), 4 GB of ram. I'm impressed w10 runs perfectly in it, even faster than its original os(win vista)

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
no issue on my end. after upgrade my ie was set to automatic for "enable experimental web platform features" I latter switched it to enabled to force it to always be on and have had no issue with youtube etal. Possibly it could be a browser plugin that is having an issue with the features. Try typing about:flags in the address bar and playing with the settings to see if it fixes the issue.

I have the Spartan engine enabled and am still having the issue. I'm not too worried about this as MS can't possibly NOT know about this and I seriously doubt it would make it out of beta until this is addressed. Just figured I'd float it out there to see if everyone else is reporting it via ms feedback. I figure the sooner they know the more likely the next build will have addressed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb