To Unlock New Login Screen:

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
From the following link:
Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9926 hands on -- making good on earlier promises

"While you're tinkering with the registry, you might also like to know that there's also a hidden logon screen that you may like to use instead of the default one. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Authentication\LogonUI\TestHooks and change the value of Threshold to 1. If you change your mind further down the line, just change the value back to 0."
-------------------------

Haven't tested this yet myself, but the link does show a screenshot of the login screen in question. I will test this out next chance I get.

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Just to post my experience with this little tweak:

I tried it on my HP Notebook (one of three devices on Windows 10) and when I rebooted the system to check it out, I could not get to the login screen and was left at a blank screen with a floating mouse pointer.

I tried a few things to revert back but I ended up having to roll back to my previous OS (Windows 7) and starting the whole thing over again to re-upgrade to Windows 10

So if you are interested in giving this regedit a try, back up your system or accept the risks. I figured the worst that would happen would be either an error pop up and I could still proceed or end up with just the existing login screen and nothing would happen at all.

I personal would not recommend this tweak unless you have a system used for being a lab rat like I do.

Chuck Foltz

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Once you edit the registry all you need to do is lock your pc. Worked on mine. If it doesn't I would disable it or take the risk and reboot :) But it should work instantly.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
also, although this worked for me with two accounts on my machine, I lost PIN login entirely. I was able to set a new PIN login after I changed the login but every time I tried to login with a PIN on either account it would simply tell me incorrect PIN. It would only work with my MS password login.

​anybody else had this issue?

Chuck Foltz

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
With the new login i do not see the options for PIN when i just locked my pc. Its prolly not setup for those features yet since i see it on the old login screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon