Action Center Quiet Hours

prosimian

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
So I just discovered that Action Center has functionality to disable notifications for 1, 3, or 8 hours. I had been expecting something like this in a toggle on the drawer itself, but it's in a context menu that pops-up from a right click on the icon.

But this is more interesting to me because of why I found it. Noticed a little bit ago that the Action Center icon had a new symbol on it that was clearly indicating no notifications. But I never set this, and didn't know how. I found the settings, but still don't know how the setting was enabled...unless it's possibly inherited from Windows Phone Quiet Hours? I'm all for this if it in fact happening.

Man, that would be fantastic to have the exact same Quiet Hours functionality on phone and PC. Look at my calendar and mute notifications during meetings. Mute notifications after 10 PM, etc. Looks like my SP3 may be doing the 10PM quiet hours already, or I'm jumping to a conclusion off a single data point and should just relax until I see a trend :)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Most likely it is incorporated with Cortana as MS has incorporated a few features from Windows Phone into Windows 10 such as Storage Sense. However on the PC it is much more in-depth as opposed to a blanket block (some what tweakable with inner circle) as found on WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs