Any whereabouts of WMP12???!!!!

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Should we consider that the Windows Media Player won't be updated or looked upon any more?? Some are talking about WMC.... is it alive or not. Same goes for WMP. It was heavily redesigned in Windows 7 to become WMP 12. Since then Windows evolved (not so much) from 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 8.1 update 1 to 8.1 august update :)winktongue:) and finally now taking a big leap ahead by skipping "9"! But WMP remains at 12!

I know that Windows now has modern apps for A/V playback but however WMP is still very handy. In fact, I have media codecs installed on all of my Windows devices so that WMP could play all known audio and video formats. I don't even use VLC all the time to play FLV or WEBM or MKV files. Nor do I use the XBOX Music/Video apps very often. They are also not fully eligible to replace the WMP.

So, any ideas about development of WMP?? Or should we conclude that Windows Media Player "12" is its latest and final version that is never to be updated further?

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
They're too focused on XBOX Music these days it seems. And WMP12 sucked anyway, it actually LOST functionality. WMP11 was the Best. I ditched WMP for MediaMonkey after version 12 was given to us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss