The new Photos app. Questions/suggestions

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Photos are important to me, as I'm sure they are to many of you. I have literally thousands (about 8 years worth) in my OneDrive separated by month/year, and while the new Photos app is a good start at handling these, it could use a lot of work.

It really starts falling apart the more photos you have, esp if they're in OneDrive. Syncing is often slow & ongoing. It would be great if the app cached all the thumbnails at first launch. It may already do that or it may not, but each load of the app & scrolling through your list suggests that it does not.

Also, speaking of thumbnails, they're WAY too big. Like I said, I have thousands of photos. So having big thumbnails isn't the way to go. It really needs an option to shrink those down so you can see many more on the screen at a time, or else you'll never be able to find anything.

I also don't know how the automatic retouching setting works. Its on by default so I left it that way, but is it going through my cloud photos & applying permanent edits to my photos there? If so, that's a big no no. I don't want an app messing with my backups, ever, unless I explicitly tell it to.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's an early version, so expect performance to increase a lot until it's officially released. Just make sure you use the feedback app and let Microsoft know what you think about it.
From my observations the photo enhancements are just inside the photos app while watching the images. When you open them somewhere else, they look just like before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077