Will we be able to remove WP 10 preview? And how about privacy?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I have two questions:

- Once installed, will we be able to roll back to Windows Phone 8.1?
- Will Microsoft, like on the PC version, record everything that is typed and done on the phone?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have two questions:

- Once installed, will we be able to roll back to Windows Phone 8.1?
- Will Microsoft, like on the PC version, record everything that is typed and done on the phone?

Yes with Lumia software recovery you should be able to go back to the last official firmeware. (at least for Lumia devices).

The terms are the same as for PC. But this maybe still can be changed / clarified just before they start the release of the phones version.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes with Lumia software recovery you should be able to go back to the last official firmeware. (at least for Lumia devices).

I'm confused. Everywhere I read that the firmware is separate from the OS. So why would loading W10 preview change the firmware? And if I wanted to revert back to WP8.1, how would restoring the firmware remove W10 preview?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused. Everywhere I read that the firmware is separate from the OS. So why would loading W10 preview change the firmware? And if I wanted to revert back to WP8.1, how would restoring the firmware remove W10 preview?

he means using the top would revert to the latest firmware and OS combo.
So it'll revert to official 8.1.1 + Denim or official 8.1 + Cyan, depending.

Firmware isn't really a factor here, just replace firmware with OS there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss