Does Windows 10 TP support Atom processor?

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Sure it does.. Runs great on an old EEEpc netbook actually (so did WIN8). Does need the registry hack for the screen resolution though (look it up)

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
What Atom model did you have on your eeepc?
There is (something like) garage sale near my office, and selling HP Mini 110 for about $70, I checked it has N270, that's kinda old. I would buy & use it for experimenting Windows 10 if it can run on that processor. So I want to make sure first.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
These older Netbooks (XP and 7) devices are slow, I added a SSD to mine and it made a little more usable...

I also have a HP 110 netbook that came with Windows 7 starter (nuked and put on Ultimate) but, I was also thinking of cloning it and putting WIndows 10 x32 (would stay away from 64 bit on this machine, due to the overhead, it will run slower, IF the CPU could handle it).

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Okay, thanks. I'm going to give it a try. I'll buy it and install it this weekend, I'll post the result later.

Sounds good, I'll hold tight on mine till I see your post. The 110 came with 1gb of ram(by default), you can grab a 2gb chip for it on ebay for cheap(it's the max it will support). You could also score a used 40-60gb SSD for around $30-40, these will make it a LOT more usable (made a huge difference over the 5400rpm drive that it came with).

I have a Windows 8 tablet (i5 processor) but, I use this 110 because I have a few programs that I use that only run on Win x32 and use USB ports, so it's only minor things I use it for. I don't use it much but, I kept it only for these reasons.

knight820

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I do
I upgraded my HP110 to 2GB RAM and using an ADATA 64GB SSD installing Win10TP x86
It runs pretty good and fairly fast, and it CAN RUN METRO APPS!!!
though it is not good to use task view as it don't have enough RAM

it had no serious problem so far

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
So I grab an HP Mini 110 with N280, I think the difference with N270 is just GPU. It has single core 1.6 GHz, 1 GB of RAM and 160 GB HDD. It loaded with genuine Windows XP. Then I install WIN10TP with Rufus via USB Flashdisk. The installation process seems slow, maybe it was because I installing it from UFD. So here is my review:

W10TP in old Atom is relatively fast, and can run nicely. Opening windows explorer and some apps is good and fast, I think its speed can be compared to Win XP before, I don't know if it compared to W8/8.1 but my friend say W8.1 in HP Mini could be slow, I remember when I use Windows 7 in my computer, sometimes when opening folder could give a minute of loading before items inside that folder showed up. So far I did not notice this problem in W10 laptop.
In store it says my laptop resolution would be not compatible for some apps, but so far I downloaded some Modern/Metro apps and did not found incompatible apps. xbox music, maps, skype, etc is work just fine.

Wayne Fenwick

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I have Windows10 Pro installed on a Dell Inspiron 1010 w/ a Intel Atom Z530 processor running at 1.6 Ghz with 1 Mb of Memory
It's not fast but everything does work except the TV card (Even with new drivers from Hauppauge and WinTV8) and I can't get it to use the HDMI port on this little NetBook or on my Dell Studio 1555.

Was surprised to see it run at all on the Netbook.

Igogor

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I have Acer Revo R3600 (Intel Atom 230 at 1.6 GHz + NVIDIA GeForce 9400). So:
* Windows 10 runs very slow;
* Windows 7 runs Ok;
* Windows XP runs very well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members