Has Microsoft removed all "hamburger button" feedback from the Windows Feedback app?

N3croman

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Am I imagining things or Microsoft has really deleted all that unwanted "hamburger button" feedback from both Phone and Desktop "Windows Feedback" app?

Last edited:

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Has Microsoft removed all "hamburger button" feedback from the Feedback App?

Maybe they got tired of all the whining... Like snapchat

Quhi

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Has Microsoft removed all "hamburger button" feedback from the Feedback App?

I can tolerate appearance change, but not functionality and usability destruction.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Am I imagining things or Microsoft has really deleted all that unwanted "hamburger button" feedback from both Phone and Desktop "Windows Feedback" app?
if they have, it's maybe because they've gotten enough feedback, positive and negative, on that.

N3croman

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

I'd understand removing duplicate entries (there was a lot of duplicates in there) and keeping just one, but removing silently all, that seem fishy. Or at least they should mention it in blog article about Windows Feedback app cleanup, to build the trust between Windows team and Windows Insiders.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

I am totally with you. If they decide to silently delete feedback the will kill this whole feedback process. I hope that some information regarding the cleaning process is coming.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

I am totally with you. If they decide to silently delete feedback the will kill this whole feedback process. I hope that some information regarding the cleaning process is coming.
Or maybe they've made a final design decision.
Or maybe they can't see the value in another 74,236 "I love them" and another 76,761 "The work of satan" responses, so would prefer to put the feedback analysis resources into other areas.
No one knows.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely I say nothing more than that a short message from MS like "We got enough feedback on the hamburger topic to make a decision" would be better then silently do anything with the topics what is not transparent to the user.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Kinda makes you wonder if the whole "feedback" thing isn't just a PR stunt....

Of course it's a PR stunt. It's also an educational tool, intended to get their most vocal customers accustomed to the product before it ships, and make them feel as if it's "their product" too, by allowing for participation. It's also a valid program to measure the market's temperature (feedback program), and a tool to help shape their marketing message.

It's all those things.

The real question is how important to MS each of those angles are...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Of course it's a PR stunt. It's also an educational tool, intended to get their most vocal customers accustomed to the product before it ships, and make them feel as if it's "their product" too, by allowing for participation. It's also a valid program to measure the market's temperature (feedback program), and a tool to help shape their marketing message.

It's all those things.

The real question is how important to MS each of those angles are...

Well seeing as their touch focused customers pretty much all dislike the removal of the Windows 8 style in favor of a more desktop-centric implementation I'd say they've failed at the educational aspect (and the others mentioned) of this exercise too.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Well seeing as their touch focused customers pretty much all dislike the removal of the Windows 8 style in favor of a more desktop-centric implementation I'd say they've failed at the educational aspect (and the others mentioned) of this exercise too.

Their real customers, the corporations who actually pay for MS' products and services, are most likely getting exactly what they want.

As for consumer focused efforts, yeah, many of MS' choices are at least very polarizing.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Agreed. Also, I am constantly showing the virtues of Windows to friends/family on iOS, but there is no buzz from W10...i can't ever see one of them jumping ship BC of W10, especially with no flagship, which is relevant for US customers

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, you can still give feedback on everything else but whether you like it or not, the hamburger button is part of the UI now and its not like Microsoft are abusing it. They are using it where it won't make sense to put options in pivots or the ellipsis menu. Do you really think its logical to put all those options the calculator has in a pivot?

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
To be honest, you can still give feedback on everything else but whether you like it or not, the hamburger button is part of the UI now and its not like Microsoft are abusing it. They are using it where it won't make sense to put options in pivots or the ellipsis menu. Do you really think its logical to put all those options the calculator has in a pivot?

Am curious as to what are the option under hamburger menu in calculator, do remember something about weight in elephants - link me up with pics if possible

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it had to do with a former ms employee leaking info about the hamburger menus and the barrage of feedback that followed. Either way you should've figured out by now that hamburger menus are here to stay. If word from someone who was a part of the design team wasn't convincing enough I dunno what is.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I find it interesting that so many people seem intent on commenting about whether they did something without actually checking first to see if it is even true. Perhaps before pondering the merits or suggesting conspiracy one might want to look....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3