Win 10 10122 Trying to install 3d Builder

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

I have Win 10 10122 on 4 computers at the moment and on each one every time I reboot it seems to attempt to install 3d Builder. It shows up in the start menu in All Apps with the progress bar and eventually disappears... but this happens every reboot on each computer. I've never used 3d Builder and I tried to manually install it just so i could maybe uninstall it to stop it from happening each reboot, but the install fails.

4 different model comps, 2 using my microsoft account, and 2 using a local account.

Any thoughts? Happening to others?

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Was beginning to wonder if I was just have crazy luck.

This build seems to be somewhat buggy in terms of App installs in general. Music Preview, Video Preview, Travel... all had no icon in the All Apps section and can't open/uninstall them. 3 of the 4 comps I got music/video installed after many fail attempts. Donno what's going on this build.

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
so i left it up and running for a while and just left it alone. i finally clicked on 3D Builder and it disappeared. everything else seems to be working ok although i ran into the Edge Browser force closing itself the first time i tried to run it. I think letting it sit for a while, after the install, helps it make sure everything downloads and installs properly (something that Windows Phone does as well).

after restarting 3D Builder is back and has the long bar under it that makes it look like it's installing. clicked on 3D Builder again and then it disappeared again. I think i may go through recovery and do a "Reset this PC" to see if it fixes these issues. I had a similar problem last time and that fixed it for me.

good luck with yours and let us know if you figure out any fixes.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

I have Win 10 10122 on 4 computers at the moment and on each one every time I reboot it seems to attempt to install 3d Builder. It shows up in the start menu in All Apps with the progress bar and eventually disappears... but this happens every reboot on each computer. I've never used 3d Builder and I tried to manually install it just so i could maybe uninstall it to stop it from happening each reboot, but the install fails.

4 different model comps, 2 using my microsoft account, and 2 using a local account.

Any thoughts? Happening to others?

Surprised nobody else has responded to this. I'm having the same issue. No idea what it is or what to do with it.

Funny that you mentioned I remember seeing this 3d builder in the apps allowed through firewall section while I am attempting to allow something else. in the search box next to the start type in firewall, in the results select allow apps through firewall and in the list of allowed apps mine shows that it is on both private and public by default. are yours on as well? Maybe just a maybe if you play around with that and try your install/uninstall and reinstall it might work. Not sure why but just a gut feeling and who knows what is store with the Tech preview. I am sure MS would know something either. ;)
Good Luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb