Windows 10 Pro Preview - reinstall from scratch

carpediemtor

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I've spent the last couple of hours trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro Preview. I started with Win 8.1 Pro and upgrade to the Preview edition months ago with no problems. However, after my Win 10 went official I started having problems with some Apps, Chrome and others. Decided to do a refresh. I used the Media Creation tool from the desktop but it was crashing. I created a USB version from another PC. The upgraded with the 'remove all files' option seemed to be going fine. However, after a while it seemed to crash with a blank screen. Left it for a while (30+ minutes?) still nothing. Decided it might have to do with NVIDIA driver or the onboard video and did a hard reset. Eventually it booted back into the clean install mode but it wouldn't let me log on with any of my accounts. Said they were locked.

I went back to the Media USB and started again. It wouldn't let me move to the next step (installation in progress or some such message). I wiped the drive and installed there. I managed to get back into a truly clean version of Windows 10 Pro but now it won't recoginize the CD key. Before starting the whole process I got the CD key from the registry using the Produkey tool. Still nothing. Not sure what to do next. What is the correct procedure if you need to truly start from scratch? What if my drive died? How does Microsoft recognize the PC as being registered?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)