Windows 10 Mobile - Wishlist (pre 10586.164)

portalfocus

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 10 features wishlist

-more animations and transitions
-more functionality
-split screen capabilities as windows 10/8 does
-more useful feature in general
-more optimization
-less loading screen with more than decent battery's life
-more customization in the notification area
-better productivity tool (better office suit)
-more communication between my devices and my PC's (synchronization)

Salauddin Ahmed

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

My wishlist for wp 10 = (1) more than 15 notification toogle by scrolling. Interactive notification system.
(2) inbuilt File manager on the os
(3) interactive live tiles {like android widget] & more size for tiles
(4) live wallpaper system on lockscreen looks great
(5) good menu style. Swaping right to left is very bad thing & menu style is terrrriiiiibleeee on windows phone.
(6) use of gestures on windows phone sounds awesome
(7) better multitasking . Can be closed all tabs {recents} by pressing on 'close all' .
Chip sense app for Ram & Processor usage monitoring

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

this was shown during the TechEd Europe 2014 demo of windows 10. This might be how windows Phone 10 looks like. win10two.JPG
win10one.JPG

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

1.Provide banner notifications at the bottom of the screen when you are in lock screen.. We have to take our fingers all the way to the top to open the banner notifications..
2. When you are in the start screen swiping down should open action center

dharma teja1

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 9 features wishlist

1. Changes in user interface

2. Welcome android games and some google services.

3. More and more gestures needed.

4. Add mobile data to notification center. Change notification center interface completely.

5. Better sorting of app list and sorting of long settings list.

6. Lock option for apps and messages.

7. Finger print scanner support,3D touch and notification led for upcoming phones.

8. Better integration for third party apps in notification center.

9. Bluetooth sharing must show in notification center.

10. Lock screen styles like picture lock and some patterns.

11. Better quality of popular apps.In Wp, (fb cover photo can't able to change in wp).fix it

12. Interactive live tiles.
13. Most popular apps nd games are missing in Windows phone.Fill them
14. Multi Window feature. For 5" + phones
15. Xbox music app should be redesigned completely
16.Photos hub and videos hub should be seperated with new UI.

AluminiumRims

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

1. Full unrestricted multitasking (preferably app selectable)
2. More fine grained ACL, like Blackberry BB10 (you can select the access rights for each app, location, internet etc)
3. Comprehensive system monitor that monitors system and each app (memory, cpu usage, network). Hey, why not port task manager to WP.
4. Silent reboot (not sure if this is already implemented.)
5. USB tethering
6. HDMI support
7. USB OTG support including HMI devices.
8. Multi display, supporting different resolutions for each display.
9. I want the command prompt (or power shell)
10. File manager, the full monty options like on desktop Windows.

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

My next wishlists
12> add support call recorder apps and have a call recorder in default.
13>multi window support
14> add support app and games share via Bluetooth and other wifi direct apps with other windows devices.
15> wp8.1 support only one theme effect. So add more have attractive new theme affects to wp users choose own theme effect in dependently.
16> add app, games backup in sd card. And support apps install without internet and without opening store. Direct install app in sd card.

BitPusher2600

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

I rely on my device as my central point, far more than my own computer and believe me I do d-mn near everything on my Windows Phone. I really wish for the following:

*Give consumers the option to enable encryption. I personally have gone to some serious lengths to be able to push my own EAS policies to my device just to enable internal storage encryption, which is available by the flip of a toggle on every other mobile platform. Security!

*USB On-The-Go. With a practical mini computer on hand that has Office built in and so much multimedia capability, the ability to plug in a thumb drive to transfer data or use an external keyboard would be so excellent. If there were such a thing as using an external cd burner via OTG, I would never need to sit down behind a computer again, but maybe that's pushing it :)

*Give mobile IE the ability to download/save ANY file type from the web. Just because it may be a file WP doesn't have an app on hand for does not mean one can't be installed. Even if there isn't one, I might want to download something to transfer to my PC later.

That's all for me. I am somebody who tries to do everything possible on my WP on purpose because I love it so much, and I mean stuff that people would normally hit up a PC to do. The above stuff is all I feel I'm missing.

Oh, and *please* massacre this "hamburger menu" crap post-haste. I really hate that thing ;)

kamaal_4

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

Like the iPhone turns into an iPod when connected via USB in the car, that feature implemented on Windows phone would just be plain awesome!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Currently, when we swipe to the right, we get the apps list. What about the left? IMO, that's a whole unused space. I think we should have something there, definitely customizable, like being able to add an open app there. How about "swipe left to the phone dialer"? Or a control panel/frequently used settings? Swipe left to whatever we choose to put there!

More tile sizes.. like a "larger" tile. Then have interactive info on the live tile like "mail" for example; we could swipe read email headers off the tile. Or music controls on the largest Music tile.

Definitely want the exploding tiles!

User configurable settings menu.

Give the app list the same background capability that the Start screen has!

Of course give us the option to have OR NOT have games included in the apps list.

Bring back the original PHOTOS HUB!! Man, it was beautiful! And the pinchable scrolling albums were sooo smooth.

A better way to kill background apps, other than just being able to turn off "allow" on certain ones in Battery Saver. We need a more comprehensive list of what exactly is going on and running.. like Task Manager!

Yangstax

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

I want Live Folders on W10 Metro UI and Desktop. The WP8.1 Live Folder tiles work great and keep all my apps well organized. It is very difficult to find apps on Metro UI if you have lots of app groups and apps.

KevinM1

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

The only feature I want is Microsoft mandating better/faster firmware updates. I don't feel like voiding the warranty of my phone to install an update that was finished by Microsoft six months ago.

Signed,
Long suffering HTC 8X user

nitesh27

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 9 features wishlist

hello everybody,
As we all know windows phone OS versions upto now face a limitation wherein a developer cannot create an application to lock an app individually.
(I'm talking of an application like "Applock" available on android OS and iOS)
i would like to see such limitation eliminated in the future windows phone OS versions so that such apps could be made available on windows phone platform.
i dont know of many of you would welcome this but it surely would be of great benefit to many users of this OS if its possible to do so.
thank you/

luismfarelo

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

T9 keyboard please. Better multitasking. Led notifications. New action center. New colours for background. Music controls in action center and lock screen. Double tap to wake in non lumias.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett