Windows 10 Mobile - Wishlist (pre 10586.164)

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
This wishlist contains ideas from Dar**** Shah , Rakesh Racky , KarmaEcrivain94 , Alifard Brandon Tobias, Ebuka Allison and me

This list is pretty long....

Standby
A glance screen that shows the time and battery percentage only while charging. Even for Non-Lumias
Cortana can be called even with the screen off.. [hardware support needed .. phones without sufficient hardware can use this feature only while charging]

Software Keys
Swiping up from a Software Navigation button has the same effect of holding a capacitive navigation button

Hardware Support
Support For higher resolutions.
support For Additional Radios.

Start Screen
Landscape support
Interactive Live Tiles
Large and Double Wide Tiles
Support For a Fourth Medium Tile on devices with 5.5 inches and more
Pinch in for a wider view [similar to what we see in windows 8]
Non- Transparent tiles can be made translucent
Swipe right from the Start Screen to open a special app (user definable) that will run always in the background. Ex:- Blinkfeed , Flipbook. This feature is optional

Action Centre
More than 10 quick settings by scrolling..
Press to toggle, Hold to go to that settings page
Granular Notification System
Quick settings can be used to app toggles [ ex:- Go online in Skype]
Interactive notifications iOS8 Style..... but More awesome
courtesy: Brandon Tobias
View attachment 68866

Alarms
Add more functionality like stopwatch, timers. Allow us to choose the default snooze times. Allow us to control the alarm volume (Maybe a toggle with cjhoose alarm volume or use universal volume)

General Improvements
Wider Landscape Support
Settings Sorted according to usage
Apps can now be sorted

Additions
Quick Launch... Long press windows key to show quick shortcuts to 5 apps[customizable] even in the lock screen
Split Pane .. Controlled while multitasking

Dialler
T9 support

Store
Can now resume broken downloads
Ability to download the update only and not the entire app in case of minor updates

Mail
Better Service Integration
Pinch-in to show Specific Folders [ ex:- Pinching in in Mail can Show the unread items only]

Me Tile
Can be updated through the store even if not a separate app.
Can now post to Multiple Apps at Once.. [open SDK]

Camera
2 stage shutter Software Button.
Improved UI

Messaging
Unified and/or Merged messaging capabilities via 3rd party apps.. (open SDK)

Photos
Can Do app work from within the hub itself ... Ex:- Colour popping with CS can be done from the hub itself (open SDK)

Games Hub
Live Tile now shows Game Stats as well...

Internet Explorer 12
Separate app.. Can be updated via the store
Can Now Open Links and Download in the background by linking into the action centre
Can redirect from Websites to the Specific Apps
Specific Download Manager

Calendar
Attendees of a reminder or appointment can now be notified via the messaging Hub too .

People Hub
Can Now understand relations between your friends.. (if A is B's brother you can call B via A's contact card or tell cortana to call B's brother and she will call A)

Cortana
Call Cortana without Pressing Any buttons to wake her up

Keyboard
Keyboard suggestions are different in Different Places ( no swear words in Kids Corner, Friend's nickname getting suggested while only talking to a specific number of friends etc)

Lock Screen
Slide Left or Right From the Lock Screen To Open an App/App position (eg:A certain Profile in Facebook) of your liking.
New Unlock Methods.. Full Qwerty Password and Picture unlock (win8)

That's It.....:sweaty: :smile:

update: this was shown during the TechEd Europe 2014 demo of windows 10. This might be how windows Phone 10 looks like. win10two.JPG win10one.JPG

Please visit this thread to vote for the features we want in WP10 in the uservoice.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...0-features-we-want-uservoice.html#post2864588

Last edited:

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 9 features wishlist

I, for one, wish Microsoft would bring back some of the freedom from Windows Mobile. At least let us install external applications.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

I, for one, wish Microsoft would bring back some of the freedom from Windows Mobile. At least let us install external applications.

So you're saying that you want us to go back to the time when all those cheap websites can install their apps on the phone and there was no such thing as an official store that had all the trusted apps pass through a strict testing process to ensure your info won't be leaked or used by other unknown sources ?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Like ^ Azurus said, some if this is already here. There is a two stage "software" button in Nokia camera.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

You can already do that if you have atleast a little bit of knowledge

Aswel that's just your wishlist, it doesn't show what community wants, community wishlist is on WP uservoice page

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

So you're saying that you want us to go back to the time when all those cheap websites can install their apps on the phone and there was no such thing as an official store that had all the trusted apps pass through a strict testing process to ensure your info won't be leaked or used by other unknown sources ?

Thanks for putting words into my mouth and pretending like what I said was completely idiotic.

What I want is the ability to customise at or near the level of AOSP. I want to have to ability to flip a switch and install things from outside the store - things that come from either trusted external sources or an active and engaged modding community. I don't want the things I've paid a lot of money to own to have its usability and terms dictated and limited by a multinational corporation with ties to the NSA. I want the ability to opt out of their plans and use the device according to my own preferences.

The people who want the full-on Windows Phone experience could still get it, and the people who want to customise their phones can do that. The usability of Android with the beauty of Windows Phone and hardware of Nokia.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site

You can already do that if you have atleast a little bit of knowledge

Aswel that's just your wishlist, it doesn't show what community wants, community wishlist is on WP uservoice page
He is entitled to his own wish list and I agree with him.

More of an open system whilst maintaining performance thus a hybrid.
(not like iOS where you can acces nothing w/o jailbreak and not like android where you can screw up your phone)

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site

This list is pretty long....

Hardware Support
Support For higher resolutions.
support For Additional Radios.

Start Screen
Landscape support
Interactive Live Tiles
Large and Double Wide Tiles
Support For a Fourth Medium Tile on devices with 5.5 inches and more
Pinch in for a wider view [similar to what we see in windows 8]
Non- Transparent tiles can be made translucent

Action Centre
More than 10 quick settings by scrolling..
Press to toggle, Hold to go to that settings page
Granular Notification System
Quick settings can be used to app toggles [ ex:- Go online in Skype]

General Improvements
Wider Landscape Support
Settings Sorted according to usage
Apps can now be sorted

Additions
Quick Launch... Long press windows key to show quick shortcuts to 5 apps[customizable] even in the lock screen
Split Pane .. Controlled while multitasking

Dialler
T9 support

Store
Can now resume broken downloads
Ability to download the update only and not the entire app in case of minor updates

Mail
Better Service Integration
Pinch-in to show Specific Folders [ ex:- Pinching in in Mail can Show the unread items only]

Me Tile
Can be updated through the store even if not a separate app.
Can now post to Multiple Apps at Once.. [open SDK]

Camera
2 stage shutter Software Button.
Improved UI

Messaging
Unified and/or Merged messaging capabilities via 3rd party apps.. (open SDK)

Photos
Can Do app work from within the hub itself ... Ex:- Colour popping with CS can be done from the hub itself (open SDK)

Games Hub
Live Tile now shows Game Stats as well...

Internet Explorer 12
Separate app.. Can be updated via the store
Can Now Open Links and Download in the background by linking into the action centre
Can redirect from Websites to the Specific Apps

Calendar
Attendees of a reminder or appointment can now be notified via the messaging Hub too .

People Hub
Can Now understand relations between your friends.. (if A is B's brother you can call B via A's contact card or tell cortana to call B's brother and she will call A)

Cortana
Call Cortana without Pressing Any buttons to wake her up

Keyboard
Keyboard suggestions are different in Different Places ( no swear words in Kids Corner, Friend's nickname getting suggested while only talking to a specific number of friends etc)

Lock Screen
Slide Left or Right From the Lock Screen To Open an App/App position (eg:A certain Profile in Facebook) of your liking.
New Unlock Methods.. Full Qwerty Password and Picture unlock (win8)

Additional Stuffs
Now can watch video via volume controls..

That's It.....:sweaty: :smile:

Nice well said but you are forgetting a few items as well

this is a rehash of my old post but it may over lap some of what you said
Windows phone 8.1 list of items to work on
1. Lock screen needs to be more expressive / Functional (more notification icons, , music controls on the lock screen with artist album and song labels ( we don’t need the album art like kitkat offers as the background).
2. Lock screen lock options needed (ie picture password, voice unlock, face unlock, pattern unlock and pin).
3. Actionable notification icons on lock screen option (double tap an icon will open the respective app.
4. Battery percentage on lock screen
5. Actionable Toast notifications mock up see attached pic.
6. Action Center Toggles should be on and off switches not take you to the settings menu for wifi.
7. Action Center Toggles should be at least 6 or more scrollable like Samsung does theirs.
8. A toggle for Ring mode (Ring , Ring and Vibrate, Silent, vibrate).
9. Action center notifications should be able to swipe left or right to dismiss them.
10. Action Center notifications should auto collapse as more notifications come in (expandable and contractible ala android).
11. Settings Menu can do with a tiled icon view as well as the current list view would be nice.
12. When one taps phone we should have the option to go right into the dialer or the recent call screen. (I would prefer a sliding interface so from the dialer slide left for recent calls)
13. An all programs grid view would be nice.
14. When you launch Cortina she should expect me to speak or preferably a hello cortana would launch cortana from anywhere and she would be already listening to what I have to say.
15. Folders should be built into the os not a nokia app.
16. Make app resume and refresh time instantaneous or allow apps to periodically refresh in the background (ie getting a notification on fb messenger is faster than on my s4 but the apps has to resume then refresh to be up to date this should be seamless like on android. Maybe as a notification comes in the app refreshes and moves to a not suspended state for at least a minute so going into the app feels faster??? idk just saying MS).
17. More BIG Name APPS that are coded properly with Full Feature set as ANDRIOD or IOS counterpart (I.E PAY DEVLOPERS TO BUILD AND UPDATE APPS FASTER KIND OF LIKE WHAT BLACKBERRY IS DOING.) Faster App updates (yes you Instagram lazy arse and others).
18. Natively coded Facebook app please also chat heads or chat tile support would be nice for FB messenger.
19. Power intensive apps native or not need to be refined
20. More options under the camera UI settings menu I mean android and even BB have more options
21. Notification light Support for non Nokia or devices not supporting glance screen (or an option to blink the windows key alone if notifications come in).
22. Missing apps I need …. drop box, pulse news, oovoo, swarm ( foursquares replacement), google apps (youtube, google search, google+ etc), sound hound pro, and others
23. IR blaster support??
24. Keyboard is good … well done android phones I usually have to change for that but I have gripes. Do like LG or even Fleksy for android adjustable key size would be nice, add or remove certain keys would be nice, flick to the left would be good to delete works when swype is off, manually enter words into dictionary would be nice. Would love it if Windows would allow at least fleksy to integrate its keyboard into the phone as a replacement or if yall work with fleksy and integrate some of its features.
25. Option to 3rd party keyboards maybe
26. Option to separate ringtone and notification volume toggles.
27. The X on an app in the task switcher should be a red Square with a white X in it stay true to windows please lol.
28. Weather clock tile would be nice (I.E give the weather tile the option to show the clock on it too with options as to how you would like information displayed on the tile).
29. Camera should show resolution options grouped under 16:9 wide or 4:3 for have resolutions to choose from and more options on the stock windows phone app

mock up of the actionable notifications feature
fs.png

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Nice well said but you are forgetting a few items as well

this is a rehash of my old post but it may over lap some of what you said
Windows phone 8.1 list of items to work on
1. Lock screen needs to be more expressive / Functional (more notification icons, , music controls on the lock screen with artist album and song labels ( we don’t need the album art like kitkat offers as the background)
music controls are accessible from almost anywhere in the whole OS using the volume controls.

2. Lock screen lock options needed (ie picture password, voice unlock, face unlock, pattern unlock and pin).
I already said that!!!

3. Actionable notification icons on lock screen option (double tap an icon will open the respective app.)
Good Idea! Adding that to my wish list

4. Battery percentage on lock screen
There are 3rd party apps that do this

5. Actionable Toast notifications mock up see attached pic.
Kinda Sorta iOS8-y ... But I Love that feature

6. Action Center Toggles should be on and off switches not take you to the settings menu for wifi.
I said that

7. Action Center Toggles should be at least 6 or more scrollable like Samsung does theirs.
I said that

8. A toggle for Ring mode (Ring , Ring and Vibrate, Silent, vibrate).
Already available

9. Action center notifications should be able to swipe left or right to dismiss them.
Already available

10. Action Center notifications should auto collapse as more notifications come in (expandable and contractible ala android)
Good Idea!.

11. Settings Menu can do with a tiled icon view as well as the current list view would be nice.
meh!

12. When one taps phone we should have the option to go right into the dialer or the recent call screen. (I would prefer a sliding interface so from the dialer slide left for recent calls)
good idea!

13. An all programs grid view would be nice.
meh! again

14. When you launch Cortina she should expect me to speak or preferably a hello cortana would launch cortana from anywhere and she would be already listening to what I have to say.
I already said that

15. Folders should be built into the os not a nokia app.
Didnt i Say that already?

16. Make app resume and refresh time instantaneous or allow apps to periodically refresh in the background (ie getting a notification on fb messenger is faster than on my s4 but the apps has to resume then refresh to be up to date this should be seamless like on android. Maybe as a notification comes in the app refreshes and moves to a not suspended state for at least a minute so going into the app feels faster??? idk just saying MS).

17. More BIG Name APPS that are coded properly with Full Feature set as ANDRIOD or IOS counterpart (I.E PAY DEVLOPERS TO BUILD AND UPDATE APPS FASTER KIND OF LIKE WHAT BLACKBERRY IS DOING.) Faster App updates (yes you Instagram lazy arse and others).
18. Natively coded Facebook app please also chat heads or chat tile support would be nice for FB messenger.
19. Power intensive apps native or not need to be refined
20. More options under the camera UI settings menu I mean android and even BB have more options
21. Notification light Support for non Nokia or devices not supporting glance screen (or an option to blink the windows key alone if notifications come in).
22. Missing apps I need …. drop box, pulse news, oovoo, swarm ( foursquares replacement), google apps (youtube, google search, google+ etc), sound hound pro, and others
23. IR blaster support??
24. Keyboard is good … well done android phones I usually have to change for that but I have gripes. Do like LG or even Fleksy for android adjustable key size would be nice, add or remove certain keys would be nice, flick to the left would be good to delete works when swype is off, manually enter words into dictionary would be nice. Would love it if Windows would allow at least fleksy to integrate its keyboard into the phone as a replacement or if yall work with fleksy and integrate some of its features.
25. Option to 3rd party keyboards maybe
26. Option to separate ringtone and notification volume toggles.
27. The X on an app in the task switcher should be a red Square with a white X in it stay true to windows please lol.
28. Weather clock tile would be nice (I.E give the weather tile the option to show the clock on it too with options as to how you would like information displayed on the tile).
29. Camera should show resolution options grouped under 16:9 wide or 4:3 for have resolutions to choose from and more options on the stock windows phone app

mock up of the actionable notifications feature
View attachment 68866

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I hope I don't get flamed or anything but ummm .....this wishlist would turn windows phone into an exact copy of android ._. Do you know what my wish list to be .....it's just to improve what windows phone has instead of adding more and mor features like android

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Now that WP 8.1's brought some well needed improvements. Surely there are ways to improve windows phone to such an extreme even developers would want to use it.
Easiest way is to, uopdate the default apps
Alarms
Add more functionality like stopwatch, timers. Allow us to choose the default snooze times. Allow us to control the alarm volume (Maybe a toggle with cjhoose alarm volume or use universal volume)

Calculator
Ape Calculator2 here. Add all the niche Calculators that one could ever need
Calendar
Show more than one item on live tile, Support for multiple live tiles. Return agenda view
Camera
Merge with Nokia Camera or at least absorb all the functionality from the Nokia Camera apps
Games, Music and Video. Reintegrate all three into the core OS ASAP at GDR1 if POSSIBLE. Make sure the lockscreen music controls work consistently, provide support for offline video playback in Videos. I mean seriously...

News- Provide support for comments in articles that support them, articles which are pulled off the web because you are interested in a topic should open in the app and not IE
Finance
Sport
Health and Fitness-Integrate with Rubntastic or Endomondo AND HEALTHVAULT
Maps
Internet Explorer-Make it the BEST. Use webkit if you really have to.
Skype- Bake it into Windows Phone. Each WP device should come with its own Skype number and free VoIP and video calls
Office
Podcasts absorb all functionality from podcatchers in the store, increase number of available podcasts that can be found...

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd love for larger devices to be able to "Snap" ( i think this is what its called in Windows 8?) 2 Apps onscreen with proper multitasking. I'd love to be able to knock out some emails or messages while watching YouTube, etc...

Or some form of real multitasking.

Daniel talks about App & OS integration in a recent podcast. All you saying "Integrate! Integrate!" should give it a listen.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site

I hope I don't get flamed or anything but ummm .....this wishlist would turn windows phone into an exact copy of android ._. Do you know what my wish list to be .....it's just to improve what windows phone has instead of adding more and mor features like android
bear in mind
windows is the only os that does not allow for changeable keyboards,
some of the features i mentioned are from Samsung touchwizz skin not android per say
even if MS adds android features which would ring more people to the platform windows has its unique UI and way of doing said features so i dont view it as a bad thing.
also andriod and ios stole some features from windows lets steal them back and make it better.
other features are also things that feature phones have now not just andriod i think IR blaster support is one thats needed if its not already there.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site

yes i know u said some of that stuff already thats why i said it would be a rehash .... -_-
1) action center you can only remove notifictions by swiping to the right not the left
2 music controls are accessible from almost anywhere in the whole OS using the volume controls Yes but i would prefer lock screen music controls and usual system wide music controls once not on the lock screen see image sum thing like that just in windows phone manner.
Samsung-Galaxy-s4-Note-3-leaked-Android-635.jpg
3 There are 3rd party apps that do this Third party apps for battery % on the lock screen should be built in the os
4 Settings to me is unorganised will do a mock up of the tiled view or a drawing so you see what i mean and not meh it grouping under categories would be nice

example of grouping settings under tiles or a by category
System --------------
Personalize
- Start + Theme
- Ringtones + Sounds
- Lock screen
- Notification + actions

Wireless + Networks
- airplane mode
- WIFI
- Bluetooth
- Cell + Sim
- NFC
- VPN
- Internet Sharing
- Network+

Email + Accounts
- typical add accounts
- backup
- sync my settings
- workplace

Display (usual items under display +)
- glance
- touch
- project my screen
- screen rotation
- brightness

Phone
- accessories
- call + Sms Filter and settings
- audio
- extras + info
- about
- phone update

Ease of Access

Region + language
- keyboard
- speech
- region
- language
- date + time

Sense + More
- data sense
- battery sense
- storage sense
- feedback
- advertising id
- quiet hours
- driving mode
- find my phone
- kids corner

applications would remain the same

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Ir blaster is supported . If you look at the samsung ativ SE it has an it blaster . :)

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

That's exactly what people said when windows phone 7.5 was around

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I'd love for larger devices to be able to "Snap" ( i think this is what its called in Windows 8?) 2 Apps onscreen with proper multitasking. I'd love to be able to knock out some emails or messages while watching YouTube, etc...

Or some form of real multitasking.

Daniel talks about App & OS integration in a recent podcast. All you saying "Integrate! Integrate!" should give it a listen.

I love that feature... And Samsung gets all the praise for it... It is already in my wishlist under "Additions"...

Also... I am trying to find better explanations for some of the features in my wishlist that got lost in translations.... I have an awesome windows phone 9 in my mind.. I just tried to share it with the world.

TLDR : The post would have been way longer if i explained everything that i meant by "integration"

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3