Stil too Zune-ish?

senbobaggins

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I've recently decided to sell my Lumia 930, for the simple reason: I'm just fed up of that same old Zune-y design.
Look at the message, settings, mail or people hub. They have relatively stayed the same since day 1. I would love to see a major redesign with the next update to Windows Phone. Am I alone on this one??? :shocked::shocked:

corey_blackstock

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
LOL. why should they? when even ios and Android also adopting the flat, clean zune-ish ui.. That's one of the reason that I like WP so much.. a bit ui polishing is welcoming tho..

Last edited:

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I've recently decided to sell my Lumia 930, for the simple reason: I'm just fed up of that same old Zune-y design.
Look at the message, settings, mail or people hub. They have relatively stayed the same since day 1. I would love to see a major redesign with the next update to Windows Phone. Am I alone on this one??? :shocked::shocked:

Completely destroy the reason I like WP? Uhhh, no. If you are getting tired of the gorgeous clean Zune like interface, go to Android where you can **** all that up with hideous skins.

rafal soboczynski

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
To be honest im hesitant to upgrade until wp9 comes out. I hope they will redesign menus and some apps (email, calendar or even store and settings menu too) to make it look more like windows 8

senbobaggins

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
To be honest im hesitant to upgrade until wp9 comes out. I hope they will redesign menus and some apps (email, calendar or even store and settings menu too) to make it look more like windows 8

Yeah, personally I'm of the same opinion that these features do need a slight redesign. It's only human nature to get fed up of the same thing day in day out.

senbobaggins

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Completely destroy the reason I like WP? Uhhh, no. If you are getting tired of the gorgeous clean Zune like interface, go to Android where you can **** all that up with hideous skins.

I do use android and ios. Purely because it would be biased of me to comment on their UI or slate it. It's my personal opinion that wp needs a redesign. Not a complete overhaul, but just improve the aesthetics

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I do use android and ios. Purely because it would be biased of me to comment on their UI or slate it. It's my personal opinion that wp needs a redesign. Not a complete overhaul, but just improve the aesthetics

You're on crack. WP has the best aesthetics out of all 3. Which is why the others are starting to mimic WP. If you like the others so much, just switch to them. I don't want people like you ******* up a good thing like WP just for the sake of change.

senbobaggins

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
You're on crack. WP has the best aesthetics out of all 3. Which is why the others are starting to mimic WP. If you like the others so much, just switch to them. I don't want people like you ******* up a good thing like WP just for the sake of change.

Think you need to chill. I'm an avid wp follower since day one and I've owned EVERY wp device! WP has beautiful aesthetics but if you actually read my comment I personally feel that some...only some areas need a redesign. Don't be cursing either, that's bold

senbobaggins

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

And yes we Irish love the 'craic' but it ain't no crack. Selling my Lumia 930. But I will definitely pick up the 830 and 730 on arrival here in Eire. In the mean time I'll use my macbook and lg g3, as again I want to know what the competition is like! ;)

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Think you need to chill. I'm an avid wp follower since day one and I've owned EVERY wp device! WP has beautiful aesthetics but if you actually read my comment I personally feel that some...only some areas need a redesign. Don't be cursing either, that's bold

And yet the things you mentioned, like the messaging hub, are fantastic and don't need changed.

If you haven't noticed, MS has been polishing the OS, that's what 8.1.1 is all about. The phone hub, etc. has already been changed.

Have fun with your LG and MacBook

senbobaggins

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
And yet the things you mentioned, like the messaging hub, are fantastic and don't need changed.

If you haven't noticed, MS has been polishing the OS, that's what 8.1.1 is all about. The phone hub, etc. has already been changed.

Have fun with your LG and MacBook

Yep I hear ya! Its just my opinion. I feel very little has changed within messaging, people hub etc. The settings menu is dreadful! Or do you find the settings layout fantastic?!?

wp_nerd

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
The settings menu needs to be alphabetical. They need better support font size support for full hd devices. So many apps look daft on my 1520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12