What to expect from windows 10 for phone.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Ever since microsoft announced that there will be one single platform covering the 4-80 inches. That made me think what could the windows for phone will have features like? I can't imagine desktop apps working on Lumia 520s since they have confirmed windows 10 for every WP, so anyone with any clue here?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The only two things they gave away - wider tiles so they go to the edges and the ability to change the true background. ;)

primuxprimux

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
If really it's happen , pic apps and WP apps are same , then Microsoft will be king 👑 ,, all jealous mostly Android ( hanging) user , and I phone user also and blackberry is also dead

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Well at least wp10 would be a major update just like wp8.1. It'll be with lots of surprises...
MS should start releasing gdr1 & denim now

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
If really it's happen , pic apps and WP apps are same , then Microsoft will be king 👑 ,, all jealous mostly Android ( hanging) user , and I phone user also and blackberry is also dead

That's what I am thinking about... It all seems like a dairy tale. Doesn't it?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
And what data does it provided to you? Cause all I can see is the home screen... No details about apps on windows 10

Certain apps, no, but what I see is that the normal black background is now blue, which is also the same for the Xbox, and the tiles go from edge to edge instead of the normal space on each side.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Certain apps, no, but what I see is that the normal black background is now blue, which is also the same for the Xbox, and the tiles go from edge to edge instead of the normal space on each side.
We all have heard about that coming but the real concern is the apps not the looks.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
If really it's happen , pic apps and WP apps are same , then Microsoft will be king �� ,, all jealous mostly Android ( hanging) user , and I phone user also and blackberry is also dead

blackberry isnt dead at all,it still has its enterprise market and BB10 is a much more mature OS to ios and android in alot of ways

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

Microsoft is a long way from becoming king in a lot of aspects, especially the one being mentioned here, Windows Phone.

No matter how amazing Microsoft's Windows 10 is, they will later have to figure out on how to launch programs similar to Android One to get more marketshare. They'll also have to figure out how to sell their flagships.

But if Windows 10 for mobile is good, they'll have the first part of the puzzle complete.

Blackberry for all intents and purposes is dead for the majority of consumers out there.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
what I expected from Windows (Phone) 10:
- Startscreen able to rotate
- Able to have tile groups (like windows 8)
- Charm bar (hold windows key)
- Actionable notification + notification page (like Nokia's other platform, has reply button, tweet, share.... etc)
- List of action center (current only allow 4, Microsoft should make it allow over than 4, and view other by swiping left or right)
- Large tile (4x4 small tile)
- able to connect to the Windows PC, and allow to sync and do thing on phone in PC (like ubuntu phone + ubuntu or currently apple thing)
- create unique things that are only to happen in Windows Phone
> like charm bar

for actionable notification + notification page
- notification page are able to viewed by swiping from the left
> like Nokia X, it would list all notification, and has button to choose what you want to do
>> tap the notification will go to the app's page, button will do the things [eg: press reply, will go to reply page, press share will show a list of app where you want to share...]
- notification center remain the same, but modified
> tap the notification goes to the app's page, tap and hold will show list of option you can do with it
>> eg: option will show reply, press it will direct to app's reply page, share will show list of apps that you want to share to
> swipe notification from left to right will clear the section of notification (like current notification), swipe notification from right to left will direct to notification page and show the selected notification

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft is a long way from becoming king in a lot of aspects, especially the one being mentioned here, Windows Phone.

No matter how amazing Microsoft's Windows 10 is, they will later have to figure out on how to launch programs similar to Android One to get more marketshare. They'll also have to figure out how to sell their flagships.

But if Windows 10 for mobile is good, they'll have the first part of the puzzle complete.

Blackberry for all intents and purposes is dead for the majority of consumers out there.

android one is a joke,the oems are of pathetic quality and is actually a downgrade from even a moto e
windows 10 will give the correct push to windows and windows phone to get marketshare
blackberry isnt dead like i said,they can still license out BB10 and QNX and remain alive
BB10 is like the perfected android,literally

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills