Windows (Phone) 10 concept

BrandonTeoh

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello, this is a new Windows (Phone) 10 for Windows Phone devices and maybe for ARM Tablets. It still work in progress and I might add some more shots of the concept.

Firstly, the start screen:

Homescreen 2.png

As you can see, users can now attach a background image to the start screen background instead on the tiles in Windows Phone 8.1. The background will fades out a bit based on what colour theme for the background. In this concept, I use a white background on the image.

Secondly, there will be a black and white accent colour for the tiles, but you can't match it to the background, e.g. black tiles on black background and vise versa. Live folders are scraped in favour of tile grouping like in Windows 8.1.

IE 12 has a new white live tile, so as all social networking tiles (if the developers would do it). Xbox music app also has a different live tile, showing the artist background, and also song name, album and artist, plus playback controls.

Did you notice something different in the small tiles at the bottom right corner? Yes, now in Windows (Phone) 10, small tiles gains a new animation: the scrolling text like in old Music+Video/Music app when something is playing.

This is how it looks when applied to the phone:

20141022_204553_1.jpg

Secondly: Swipe to the right, instead of giving the app list (which you can still access by swiping to the left) is the today+notification screen.

Windows 10 Start Screen (Today Screen).png

In the today screen, you will get the latest headlines, weather and suggestions, all sourced from Cortana and other apps. Swipe to the right to get all system notifications. The pull down action centre will be populated by action toggles.

On the phone:

20141022_210912_1.jpg

Tell me what do you think. Thanks.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I would love to see MS picking up your concept on the action centre ! really good thinking and not just the swipe from left to right but the whole layer of information. Its really is good. The tiles on the background picture wouldn't be just to my taste, but as you said a different lighter colour tiles would give then a more transparent look which I would be happy with now. Smaller tiles scrolling info is a nice take. But the action centre really stands out for me and thanks for posting ..

ZackTheNever

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
That's pretty neet but I feel that interactive live tiles are useless especially for the music app since you have hardware buttons for that.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
scraping live folders for grouping? No way, that is an incredible jump backwards in my opinion, I think they should both coexist, basically, make a folder, and then be able to set it as always open or always collapsed.

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
for startscreen its not enough changes i want more than a background and transparent tiles as for notification central i actually like it but its kind of like what cortana currently do

md Navas

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello, this is a new Windows (Phone) 10 for Windows Phone devices and maybe for ARM Tablets. It still work in progress and I might add some more shots of the concept.

Firstly, the start screen:

View attachment 85357

As you can see, users can now attach a background image to the start screen background instead on the tiles in Windows Phone 8.1. The background will fades out a bit based on what colour theme for the background. In this concept, I use a white background on the image.

Secondly, there will be a black and white accent colour for the tiles, but you can't match it to the background, e.g. black tiles on black background and vise versa. Live folders are scraped in favour of tile grouping like in Windows 8.1.

IE 12 has a new white live tile, so as all social networking tiles (if the developers would do it). Xbox music app also has a different live tile, showing the artist background, and also song name, album and artist, plus playback controls.

Did you notice something different in the small tiles at the bottom right corner? Yes, now in Windows (Phone) 10, small tiles gains a new animation: the scrolling text like in old Music+Video/Music app when something is playing.

This is how it looks when applied to the phone:

View attachment 85358

Secondly: Swipe to the right, instead of giving the app list (which you can still access by swiping to the left) is the today+notification screen.

View attachment 85359

In the today screen, you will get the latest headlines, weather and suggestions, all sourced from Cortana and other apps. Swipe to the right to get all system notifications. The pull down action centre will be populated by action toggles.

On the phone:

View attachment 85360

Tell me what do you think. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss