All Apps View implementation in Start Menu

anon(9045786)

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
So...... I've recently debated on how the All apps view should be implemented in Windows 10's Mini Start.

One way I thought of was to have the All Apps view be accessible to the right of the Main Start once you click the All Apps button. At the time, I thought It was a good Idea to have that in my concepts, but, over time, after some thinking, I thought It would make the Mini Start Too Cluttered and also thought It would take too much screen real estate by overlapping the windows, so I thought about the Windows Phone Implementation.

See..... no matter how much I debate......... I've found out, that no matter how much I think these Ideas might work, there is a catch to them being implemented. For one, my first idea would make the Mini Start too busy, and that's not what Modern UI is meant to be, right? one of the main things about Modern UI is that its simple. Lastly, if I were to take the second idea, It would take away the instant accessibility of features that Modern UI provides, by having you take 3 clicks in order to find an app you don't use very often that is not pinned to your Mini Start.

So basically, If I were to Implement either of those in my concepts I'd be taking away features of Modern UI either way.

Get what I mean?

I'd like to follow Microsoft's Modern UI design as much as possible for my Windows 10 Mini Start, but I can't do that if it has a catch.

So..... What should I do? How should the All apps view be implemented into the Windows 10 Mini Start?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism