Wi-Fi Network limited

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I can't get my network to not show up as limited and have no wi-fi access. Wired access works fine.

I don't wanna hear that "it's only for enthusiasts" stuff either because I'm running it on a Surface Pro...3. If Wi-Fi doesn't even work correctly on their latest and greatest hardware that's not a user aptness issue.

I'll give it a few weeks to see if an update fixes it but I find it pretty mind boggling that the big bad 512gb sp3 can't use wifi.

Michalis BB

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I have Visual studio installed which automatically bridged my WiFi connection with some virtual ethernet adapters. After the update to 9879, I also had limited connectivity. Un-bridging the WiFi adapter (Network & Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings) fixed it, I don't know if that applies in your case - hope it helps!

Whit Taylor

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
My experience has been that network clients appear and disappear with puzzling frequency. What's truly odd is that I can always access the clients by typing the I.P. address into File Explorer.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Surface Pro 3 has a long and sordid history of WiFi connection problems even on the preloaded Windows 8.1.

As long as you remember you always need to right click the start button, tap network connections, disable and enable the adapter, it seems always to work. That's what I have to do on mine anyway at this point.

Every month or so there's an update to the WiFi drivers, every month or so the problem still exists. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3