Will you still stay with MS if they fail to listen to customers yearning about W10 for Phones & Why?

stenson625

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Will you still stay with MS if they fail to listen to customers yearning about W10 for Phones & Why?

As close as WP 8.1 has got in bringing a little love from people to Windows Phone, I feel obliged to feel relaxed that MS is in control! But doubts keep creeping into my mind that MS' late release of WP 10 and the overall disappointment from making the OS measure up with other rival OS's, may leave many WP customers and enthusiasts molested fellows in the OS world!
Be that as it may, it is note worthy to know your channel of thrust if MS screws up again in releasing an OS that matches up with other OS's in Windows Phone 10.
Will you still be with MS and for how long?

Last edited:

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
re: Will you still stay with MS if they fail to listen to customers yearning about W10 for Phones & Why?

As close as WP 8.1 has got in bringing a little love from people to Windows Phone, I feel obliged to feel relax that MS is in control! But doubts keep creeping into my mind that MS' late release of WP 10 and the overall disappointment from making the OS measure up with other rival OS's, may leave many WP customers and enthusiasts molested fellows in the OS world!
Be that as it may, it is note worthy to know your channel of thrust if MS screws up again in releasing an OS that matches up with other OS's in Windows Phone 10.
Will you still be with MS and for how long?

I am curious about a few things:

1) By what metric is WP10 late? Are they not on the schedule they announced months ago? Has there been some announcement from them I missed?
2) Who has expressed overall disappointment? If you are simply referring to yourself, why are you extending your own opinion to all users?
3) In what way has Microsoft molested anyone? Please look up the actual definition and explain how that applies.
4) Saying Microsoft screws up again implies they have already done so. Well all companies have screwed up in one way or another but what is the hallmark screw up to which you are referring?
5) WP8.X market share is low in the US but that is hardly the case in many other parts of the world. Even in the US adoption rates are pretty consistent with expectations in a carrier dominated climate where people already own phones - slow adoption with real potential in new, entry level, users. How do adoption rates in other parts of the world and the general success even in the US with low end, no contract devices, show no love?

This is all a matter of perspective. On my front, I do not make my decisions based upon what others feel they want or need. The OS already does almost everything I need and expect, minus a few apps - it has done so for quite awhile. I am also not into instant gratification so the fact they haven't given me the next version before they claimed it would be released means nothing to me. As long as the OS exists, I will stay with it. If they were to choose to abandon it, which is not likely, I would switch to an iPhone....

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
re: Will you still stay with MS if they fail to listen to customers yearning about W10 for Phones & Why?

The obsession with Windows 10 is making people loopy.....

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm fully committed to MS (phone, tablet, desktop and an old laptop with W10 preview installed). I don't see myself going anywhere (where would I go, anyway?).

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

The only way to get exactly what you want with anything is to do it yourself.
Fretting about what others do is a waste.

stenson625

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

@stephen_az:

Don't be probably utter delusional:
1. Are you not aware of the late arrival of OS updates from MS? If no; Denim has not arrived.
2. One dissatisfied customer is a million misrepresentation awaiting: so in business school, you pull all customers through, irrespective of their differences. That is why we have Customers' Care. MS keep screwing up in delays and delays in implementing common things that other OS's have. For instance: What stops them from putting data toggle in the notification drop down in WP 8.1? Why would a phone find it hard to have true multitasking? Eventually, all those cores, RAM and GPU are useless since all other programs that are not on screen are temporarily suspended?
3. Why should I just be more than just happy for a flipping live tiles without complete productivity from a smartphone, not a dumb experiment?
4. What is the use of a great OS that can just do what other OS's have known how to do better and are improving? What has prompted the change to Modern UI that are just catching up?
5. The next time MS thinks, they should know that they are not making phones for old dummies who won't learn technology easily. In a fast pace, the catch up which they are playing shouldn't be in a snail's speed.
Why will you not support MS, if you are working for them? That's what you are doing! If not come up with constructive criticism that will make MS better, and not back them up sheepishly...

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

Wish these types of threads would be put to bed once and for all. Who knows what MS truly has planned with Windows 10. If people don't want to wait for it then there are plenty options to choose from and not hang about on the platform.

Me i'm fully committed to the eco system, from phone to surface pro 3 to xbox one and laptop not forgetting the work pc as well. Windows 10 will be what ever MS make of it, the fact that added functionality is already baked into it makes it all the more intriguing and worth the wait only time will tell.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Also worth noting that MS has proven to have actually taken user feedback seriously and respond to it- the only large company that has ever done that in my memory.
That doesn't mean they are listening to *you* and your specific needs.
Moreover, they need to preserve the steadfast security of the system and remain consistent with the existing flow of logic- this excludes certain feature requests from ever being fulfilled in the way people coming from Android would want. And it's a good thing MS doesn't bow to every request someone makes because they regret switching from Android.

WP8.1 is almost entirely perfect the way it is. It needs a few small features and bug fixes, nothing major. The forums are ablaze with "10 had better address my specific needs!" posts and it's quite annoying.

The only fear I have regarding 10 is that MS will listen to feedback like that too much.

Nakia Johnson1

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site

I'm fully committed to MS (phone, tablet, desktop and an old laptop with W10 preview installed). I don't see myself going anywhere (where would I go, anyway?).

You ain't the only one. I am staying with Microsoft myself. I been on Apple platform and android platform, not against them I just choose Microsoft ^_^

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

OP, I'm not trying to be rude but why do you care if other people are going to stay with Windows Phone when Windows 10 rolls out? Will that in any way affect your own decision? I hope not, because only you can know if it works for you. Your posts sound like you are challenging others for not holding your same viewpoint, with statements like MS screwing up, WP users being molested, and MS making phones for dummies. There are many good reasons to both stay or go and not everyone feels victimized by using WP. I'm planning on staying for now, but if I don't like what I see in the spring I will certainly re-evaluate. Good luck with your decision.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

OP, I'm not trying to be rude but why do you care if other people are going to stay with Windows Phone when Windows 10 rolls out? Will that in any way affect your own decision? I hope not, because only you can know if it works for you. Your posts sound like you are challenging others for not holding your same viewpoint, with statements like MS screwing up, WP users being molested, and MS making phones for dummies. There are many good reasons to both stay or go and not everyone feels victimized by using WP. I'm planning on staying for now, but if I don't like what I see in the spring I will certainly re-evaluate. Good luck with your decision.

I totally agree with you on this one.. Too many a times these types of post litter the forums.. I can't for the love of all things holy, see what all the whining is about? If its not working for you, or you believe another platform suits your needs, by George just switch already... These types of posts are getting tiresome. I got nothing against a user that realizes that WP is not right for him/her..all the power to him/her. You have the choice to jump ship if you want to.. so do it already and get on with life already.. No offense to OP.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm not concerned with Windows 10. It'll come when it comes, and 8.1 is doing just fine by me. Where I get leery on Windows Phone and Microsoft is the hardware. I'm dying to get a new phone on AT&T (2-year contract ended 11/9, and could have done Next a lot sooner), but I'm sitting here with a 920 because Microsoft's "high-end" release thus far as been an overpriced, underpowered 830 that I want no part of. So, given that it's been more than 2 years since the last Lumia flagship was announced for AT&T, I'm pretty annoyed (I don't count the 1520 because its size makes it very limited in its appeal, and the 1020 and 925 were running on year-old guts by the time they released).

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Also worth noting that MS has proven to have actually taken user feedback seriously and respond to it- the only large company that has ever done that in my memory.
That doesn't mean they are listening to *you* and your specific needs.
Moreover, they need to preserve the steadfast security of the system and remain consistent with the existing flow of logic- this excludes certain feature requests from ever being fulfilled in the way people coming from Android would want. And it's a good thing MS doesn't bow to every request someone makes because they regret switching from Android.

WP8.1 is almost entirely perfect the way it is. It needs a few small features and bug fixes, nothing major. The forums are ablaze with "10 had better address my specific needs!" posts and it's quite annoying.

The only fear I have regarding 10 is that MS will listen to feedback like that too much.

"My name is Commander xandros9 and this is my favorite post in the thread."

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

@stephen_az:

Don't be probably utter delusional:
1. Are you not aware of the late arrival of OS updates from MS? If no; Denim has not arrived.
2. One dissatisfied customer is a million misrepresentation awaiting: so in business school, you pull all customers through, irrespective of their differences. That is why we have Customers' Care. MS keep screwing up in delays and delays in implementing common things that other OS's have. For instance: What stops them from putting data toggle in the notification drop down in WP 8.1? Why would a phone find it hard to have true multitasking? Eventually, all those cores, RAM and GPU are useless since all other programs that are not on screen are temporarily suspended?
3. Why should I just be more than just happy for a flipping live tiles without complete productivity from a smartphone, not a dumb experiment?
4. What is the use of a great OS that can just do what other OS's have known how to do better and are improving? What has prompted the change to Modern UI that are just catching up?
5. The next time MS thinks, they should know that they are not making phones for old dummies who won't learn technology easily. In a fast pace, the catch up which they are playing shouldn't be in a snail's speed.
Why will you not support MS, if you are working for them? That's what you are doing! If not come up with constructive criticism that will make MS better, and not back them up sheepishly...

Denim is not an OS update, nor is it actually late a this point. They said it would start shipping Q4 of 2014. There is still time. But it is also irrelevant, because the mast time they actually shipped an update late was Longhorn/Vista.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
For instance: What stops them from putting data toggle in the notification drop down in WP 8.1? Why would a phone find it hard to have true multitasking? Eventually, all those cores, RAM and GPU are useless since all other programs that are not on screen are temporarily suspended?

For the toggle, yeah, I agree it's a widely requested feature, but I don't know the coding that is required for it, so for all I know, they could be working on it, or finding a way for it to work 100% of the time, but it hasn't been announced yet, so I'll give them time.

For true multitasking however, Lag-Droid can keep that, and the extended battery use that comes with it. I like the battery life on my Lumia 920, I don't request for a feature that would eat it up as I like having Skype and Windows Central in the background, and Skype already eats my battery as is, if it wasn't suspended, I couldn't go a full day without charging.

So yeah, I'll agree with the data toggle, and hope its in the next release, but stop requesting features that'll eat my battery. Thanks.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Everybody wants better experience, so if they can't deliver us what we really paid for, then there's no reason to stay. And if they screw up on the upcoming new OS, there's a chance they'll lose chunk of their costumer and I'm pretty sure they'd thought of that so my answer is YES and NO. YES if they disappointment one more time. And NO because its business you know, so they have to deliver their best to not lose their old consumer and gain more costumer, simple as that. I was kinda skeptical and excited because the next windows 10 is gonna be a big thing if its going to be a big thing.

boltz82

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

It would depend on the end product I suppose.

stenson625

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

This OS called MS' WP OS is one that needs thorough attention from MS to exit it from beta mode.

I of a person is tired of beta testing everything for MS and would like to air it as my view that I am bored of their slow movement in implementation.
Delay is Dangerous; you know!

felixl87

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
People don't accept that they are suffering, every thread you read someone is whining about an android app feature lacking in their WP app, others still want to defend but at times give up and throw the ****, windows phone lags behind android & IOS in terms of colors ,animation and features, if only Microsoft can just add abit of color and animation, transition wise we are fine. Our apps are garbage compared to android & IOS apps, I don't know where the problem comes from but am a little convinced that its got to do alot with app APIs that are still missing, windows phone is a half baked OS and that can all be evidenced in native apps like Xbox music,video,games and the photos(videos too)app, new features that we got and boast about have been on android,Symbian and IOS since their first release, it can also be shown with how Microsoft played with the OS kernel and left millions of wp7 users with a half baked OS and even WP 8.1 is still a toothless child.
To me, am only waiting for wp10 and that's where am expecting everything I have been yearning to see on WP, let me hope wp10 won't be just a name change, am expecting everything thing to change with windows 10, if things stay the same, my Lumia will have to excuse me and meet a new owner.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3