Could we see Windows 10 to compete with Android TV?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
With Windows 10 software on the Xbox One. Do you think it's a possibility of Microsoft to introduce Windows 10 for the TV. I mean as a media player and smart TVs, to compete with Android TV

What do you think?

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, and they definitely should.
Microsoft is already behind in the smartphone market, the wearable market, and they can't afford to be behind in any other markets.

emiel1976

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I think that the design would work good on a TV with a few small changes.
Inhale my main pc connected to my pc, it is showing the same as my mid monitor. I use 3 monitors.
With wireless keyboard and mouse it works good but the text on the tiles is a bit to small. But the apps and menu works great and will work with a remote control.

I hope that they do it because than I can let my TV work even better in my network.

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I could see it either it being sort of stripped down (Windows Phone style) or just turning it into a low power Windows 10 PC (throw in an Intel atom chip with 2 GB of RAM).

tiziano27

Banned
Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Samsung => Tizen.
LG => WebOS.
Panasonic => Firefox OS.
Sony, Sharp => Android TV.

A TV manufacturer won't adopt a proprietary OS, and I don't see MS open sourcing Windows. So, It's unlikely,

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I rather doubt we'll see a HTPC from Microsoft- it looks like MS is having a hard time getting the X1 to be half as good at media as the 360 already is. I don't think they'd split up their resources. Also, the X1 needs all the sales it can get, and the home-theater aspect of it was a huge selling point. I don't think they'd make a product that would literally be competing against the already underperforming X1. Furthermore, a lot of manufacturers make cheap, small HTPC boxes that run Windows. A) You'll be able to upgrade those to 10, B) a lot of OEMs were not happy that Microsoft started their own surface line, starting a HTPC line would not be profitable enough to warrant stepping on OEM shoes even harder.
Last, if they did have something I think we'd have seen it on CES already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digispace24