Animated/Real time live tiles for desktop are coming!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
... I think...This could be a very interesting development if its true and holds up when Microsoft tests other system apps. I pinned Microsoft OneDrive to my start menu today on my Windows 10 Technical Preview. This is normally a grey tile with ugly jagged out cloud icon that isn't properly resolved.However, accidentally noticed that after making OneDrive manually sync, on my start screen, that tile turns Green from Grey with a green progress bar under my cloud! The animation isn't very smooth but a slow flashing tile from Grey to Green on my startscreen with a progress bar looks different to other flip tiles!Can anyone else confirm this? If this is true, then Microsoft is definitely working on tiles that show real time progress and changing animations as the software (desktop apps!) or Modern apps work in background.

tiziano27

Banned
Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Live Tiles show an animation when the app is being installed. It's good to hear they're extending that to other uses. But they have to be careful because all the tiles doing crazy animations would be a mess for the user.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ziyachater