Microsoft's choice not give you a homescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft has their head up their a$$

I'm on 8.1 now.....but I have the aero glass mod,startisback...with only metro apps in the "app" place,and the remove ribbon in explorer.....and other mods to get its UI back to win 7

The only way ill use 10....is if I can-do the same.....no company or government is going to shove things on my desktop,in pursuit of taking away my individuality......like some BORG mentality.......no sir

I'm not now....nor will I ever be apart of a "Collective" ....a slave to Microsoft's "Hive" Mindset

im part of a "family" of God's children....

I guess Microsoft has sold its soul to the anti-Christ...and wants to be the OS that the "10" kingdoms will use....during the Tribulation Period....haha

Any OS,should have the ability for customers to make the home screen what they want,even apple iPhone you can do that....if you jailbreak it....which is not a good word for it......should be called "admin rights"

Im the administration on my windows 10 desktop....but not on my windows 10 phone.....thats not acceptable.....come on....do the right thing Microsoft ......android has the braggin rights here

Last edited:

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know we had conspiracy theorists over here. Lol your DP tells a lot about your mindset. I'm pretty sure you don't mind Google selling you to advertisers.

tRedz

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Either an extremist or a troll.

But ok, I will feed it for once.

The reason the system is set up in this way is for ease of use. Now the use-case may not apply to you, and your paranoia may even tell you that someone else is forcefully dictating how you should Work and function.
This, though, is not the case.
Internally, Microsoft has agreed that the design and workflow of Windows 10 ( Phone, Tablets, Desktops and UI-less devices ) should look like it is now, probably for serveral reasons.

- They think it looks greater than the competition
- It's consistent ( Helps people that are NOT super-users to fathom the learning curve of the OS )
- They avoid legal matters and moral issues by avoiding to use others designs.

So, what Microsoft is doing, is creating a product in the direction they feel is best for the majority of their users.
If you learn how to develop, you even have the posibility of writing your own user interface, that is YOU administrating your own device. And it is also you who administrates your device when you alter the current setup of Windows 8.1 to look like Windows 7. So, in that regard, you are not a sheep in a pen. You are a super-user who is altering the system to best suit your needs.

The fact that you cannot do the same on the Windows Phone is will assume is because a lot of the setup on the windows phone environment is built around being available at a low ram rate, as well as a low CPU rate. Which enables the same features for low-end devices as it does for high-end, which in my opinion is pretty damn impressive! My 1520 has a very little gap from my sisters 630, and of course, even smaller gap from my dads 920.

Allowing users to alter the firmware of the Windows Phone is a risk, both for the users and the reputation of Microsoft ( And who wants a bad reputation, right? )

Because, for people who are again, NOT super-users, there is a lot more cons then pro's when it comes to firmware altering as well as changing the UI beyond the design of the software.

Pros:
- They get some kind of desired appearance or functionality

Cons:
- Battery time may be affected by CPU/RAM intensive code.
- Performance may be affected by the above statement as well.
- The phone could be bricked, and users would stand without warranty, or a phone.
- Malicious software could be written, and achieve access to personal data on the phone.

That's probably a very short Pro/Con list, but I think the point has been made.

But! Your luck is, that currently, there are a wide variety of software and operating system distributors. And maybe one of these combinations work for you, just for good sport, I will add the current one that I assume you are using.

Windows for PC / Windows Phone
These two operating systems work together in harmony through Microsofts cloudservice OneDrive - Which both backs up your phone (Apps, Contacts, Text Messages, etc. ), and allows sharing of documents across all platforms.

OSX / iOS
These two operating systems also work closely together, and is considering very user friendly and also delivers 5gb of data on iCloud for backing up your images, and phone. And if someone steals your phone and tries to reset it for their own use, it will brick itself, until your password has been entered in it.

Linux / Android
These are probably the most diverse systems, and allows for the user to whatever his/her heart desires to it, but it does require the knowledge of at least a super-user to perform these installation as well as maintaining the phones performance level. People who are adept in developing will be able to mold this platform to their given desires.

( I have not owned an iPhone since I acquired my first Windows Phone, and have not used android. So if any other people in the debate fell like helping OP, please do include some details to help him make a future decision on his solution )

So, just to sum this thing up.
Microsoft did not sell it's soul to the anti-Christ. Because they do not work with fictional currency. And Android is probably the place to be for you, if the decisions and design made by Microsoft is enough to get you out of your chair and rage about.

Last edited:

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I didn't know we had conspiracy theorists over here. Lol your DP tells a lot about your mindset. I'm pretty sure you don't mind Google selling you to advertisers.

Yes I am a conspiracy theorist,but I like to call myself a conspiracy factualist .....lol

tRedz

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I honestly do not see any darkness in the direction that Microsoft is taking.
And by using your way of arguing, I would argue that you were Satan himself for not abiding by my arguments and opinions.

It's like arguing like a 'youngling'.

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I honestly do not see any darkness in the direction that Microsoft is taking.
And by using your way of arguing, I would argue that you were Satan himself for not abiding by my arguments and opinions.

It's like arguing like a 'youngling'.

Your controlled by Satan....or you wouldn't be talking like him,your a puppet of Satan

That's why you defend his works and those who do his works of power over others,and controlling others.....i.e. Microsoft and its forcing its way on people,with a hive mindset.....no option but their way.....you like that way....therefore your heart and mind magnify Satan

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I can see into the future myself, and I can see this thread being closed very soon, and tossed in the bin. Let's see if my predictions are correct...

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft has their head up their a$$

I'm on 8.1 now.....but I have the aero glass mod,startisback...with only metro apps in the "app" place,and the remove ribbon in explorer.....and other mods to get its UI back to win 7

The only way ill use 10....is if I can-do the same.....no company or government is going to shove things on my desktop,in pursuit of taking away my individuality......like some BORG mentality.......no sir

I'm not now....nor will I ever be apart of a "Collective" ....a slave to Microsoft's "Hive" Mindset

im part of a "family" of God's children....

I guess Microsoft has sold its soul to the anti-Christ...and wants to be the OS that the "10" kingdoms will use....during the Tribulation Period....haha

Any OS,should have the ability for customers to make the home screen what they want,even apple iPhone you can do that....if you jailbreak it....which is not a good word for it......should be called "admin rights"

Im the administration on my windows 10 desktop....but not on my windows 10 phone.....thats not acceptable.....come on....do the right thing Microsoft ......android has the braggin rights here

Someone smoked a little to much weed.

WNxAshik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Your controlled by Satan....or you wouldn't be talking like him,your a puppet of Satan

That's why you defend his works and those who do his works of power over others,and controlling others.....i.e. Microsoft and its forcing its way on people,with a hive mindset.....no option but their way.....you like that way....therefore your heart and mind magnify Satan

You're*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234