Windows 10 may not come to phones at all?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay, that was a bit of "one of those" subjects, I know.

I was just "rewatching the event" for the Windows 10 event last week.

I noticed the actual announcement, at 1:33:?? during the event, he said, "Windows 10 preview for phones will be released after the Seahawks win the Superbowl."

Well, what happens if they don't win? Just sayin'.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, one thing for sure, there is a new reason for me to root for the Hawks!

Was going to anyway, but I digress.

So... if Seahawks lose, Microsoft is going to throw a tantrum and cancel all future products maybe? Revert all Desktop units back to Windows 3.1 or DOS? All phones will revert back to having to press the lever a few times and ask for the operator so someone can connect your call? Haha... now that would be a downgrade.

As long as I don't have to carry a stack of punchcards instead of having a microSD card slot. :p

MysticForce

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I realy like my windows phone 8.1, just want transparent-translucent tiles and background option as shown on presentation. I don't care for other features from w10p.
That's possible to implement on w8.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Well if Cortana predicted them to win, you have nothing to worry about.

Bing, which is where Cortana is basing her answers about who will win, shows the Pats chances of winning are 51%. That's a pretty close call as far as I'm concerned.

Most of the odds makers are giving even odds now, and giving an edge to either team. A few are predicting the Seahawks by 2.5 points.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Bing, which is where Cortana is basing her answers about who will win, shows the Pats chances of winning are 51%. That's a pretty close call as far as I'm concerned.

Most of the odds makers are giving even odds now, and giving an edge to either team. A few are predicting the Seahawks by 2.5 points.

He did also say in the presentation that Bing can give different users different answers about who will win based on the user. Just saying it's not clear cut in many ways.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Right, except Cortana predicts the Patriots will win.

So it's quite possible that we won't see Windows 10 on our phones for awhile. Unless the Seahawks end up winning the Super Bowl in 2016?

I mean, it's like a 51% chance the Patriots will win, which pretty much means that Cortana has no idea and it could literally go either way.

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
heh ... this is a hell of a thread !!!!! but what will happen can we expect on 1st week of feb ..... ?
hmmm sometimes i cant believe MS .. !!!! ehemmm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3