Windows 10 Build 9926 LONG boot time

swohguy4u

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been testing Win10 from the very beginning. Nice to see 9926 fixed the many reported keyboard issues!! I have not had the start menu problem that others have posted but each time I shutdown or restart my Toshiba laptop, it takes 2 hours to boot up. There is no error message, no updating %, it just says Please Wait for almost 2 hours and then I get the sign on screen and it loads the desktop normally. There are no pending Windows Update items and no error messages at all. Anyone else having this issue?

swohguy4u

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
There were drivers that needed to be updated before the build would install and everything works, printers, keyboard, cams, external drives, etc. No errors of any kind. Thats what puzzles me. Windows is great about throwing out errors and I see none.

swohguy4u

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Oh that wont work after the update either. No apps work but I can sign into my account on the web. I came here because the Feedback App is a non stop authentication loop. So apps dont know I have a valid account but web does.

ardentbuzz

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi
I am having slow boot times (over a minute with a Samsung SSD )in windows 10 after an upgrade from windows 7
I do not know the build number sorry.
My desktop uses the same SSD and the upgrade is sweet and cold boots in around 15 secs but that was from windows 8.1 upgrade.
The strange thing is while booting up I hear the welcome sound that is in windows 7 before it gets to windows 10 login.
Makes me think windows 7 is loading before windows 10
I am wondering if I should try to delete Window old in windows folder but a bit scared to try it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99